PA 2 Vouchers - Any plugin $29?

cclarry

10 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

What's the TL;DR of this? Which one is better? Kind of a long video lol

Apparently they are both very close but the bx_oberhausen with TMT may have a less edgy sound than the Arturia SEM, which could be preferable. Then again, if you like FM ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

What's the TL;DR of this? Which one is better? Kind of a long video lol

Jump to 28:20 for the conclusion, I agree with the reviewer: the Arturia is good but the Oberhausen is better. The main point for me is the TMT technology. If you just want a mono SEM I'd say this is not much relevant. But if you want a better polyphonic emulation, like in the Obie 4 voice or 8 voice, the individual variations on the components/voices reflects better the fact that those instruments are basically a collections of independent SEM modules somewhat tied together. Also, like the reviewer, I already had the Arturia SEM but could not let pass the Oberhausen when a good deal arrived last year.

Edited by Sergio
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

None. Honestly.

If you need  bluesy guitar tone from PA get the Chandler ampsim.

thks , yep i have that one , i have those disto to authorise , gift from cool cat ...so i need toauthroise those and don't know witch one to start with 

I think i will start with the opto , more usefull /...

Edited by Zo

5 minutes ago, Zo said:

I think i will start with the opto , more usefull

Wise choice! :D

Those pedals weren't great back in the 80s, yet widely used for the lack of better options. Nowadays use of these particular pedals or their software emulations is absolutely redundant, unless you must copy that horrible sound of tomato some 80s metal tunes.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Wise choice! :D

Those pedals weren't great back in the 80s, yet widely used for the lack of better options. Nowadays use of these particular pedals or their software emulations is absolutely redundant, unless you must copy that horrible sound of tomato some 80s metal tunes.

You know that i always learn some with your answers ahahah !!  Thks  ;)

• Haha 1