PA 2 Vouchers - Any plugin $29?

cclarry

17 minutes ago, Grem said:

One thing that is different about the license agreement with PA is, it only allows 7 deactivations for each plugin. That's it. Game over.

Now, since they let you put them on 3 machines, That's what I did. Put them on all three of my machines.

I just built a new computer and deactivated all PA plugins on that machine. So all my plugins have at least one deactivation on them. If any of the other two machines go down, then I am down to just  four deactivations left. Thing is, I know I had them on my home machine and I have rebuilt that one too. I just don't remember if PA plugins were on it at the time.

I can see this becoming a problem for those not aware (like me) of this limitation.

Also, I can find no where on the web site that tells me how many deactivations I have left.

It's been a whilst since I checked but they used to be pretty good about giving extra if you need to .  Drop support an email...having said that support has been pretty poor in that last few months so who knows

I think you can check your licences here: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/manage-plugins.html but I also can't see how many deletions you have ?

the FAQ says

"The deletion limit is a way to prevent abuse, but we do understand that it can be an inconvenience, so we're pretty flexible. If you find that you're getting low on deletions, just contact support and explain why you need to reset your count"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trager said:

When you say game over, you mean it's their policy not to offer more even if you contact support?

I was not sure. Never contacted PA support. Never needed to. 

Simon looks like he found something. Which is good news.

2 hours ago, Grem said:

One thing that is different about the license agreement with PA is, it only allows 7 deactivations for each plugin. That's it. Game over.

Now, since they let you put them on 3 machines, That's what I did. Put them on all three of my machines.

I just built a new computer and deactivated all PA plugins on that machine. So all my plugins have at least one deactivation on them. If any of the other two machines go down, then I am down to just  four deactivations left. Thing is, I know I had them on my home machine and I have rebuilt that one too. I just don't remember if PA plugins were on it at the time.

I can see this becoming a problem for those not aware (like me) of this limitation.

Also, I can find no where on the web site that tells me how many deactivations I have left.

Please cite where you found this.  I did not see this in the EULA.   Also post this on the FB page.  It draws more attention that way.

5 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Please cite where you found this.  I did not see this in the EULA.   Also post this on the FB page.  It draws more attention that way.

It's in the FAQ...not the license agreement...

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Please cite where you found this

I found it in the user area. Under the section Manage Your Devices. Read it right there. It's easy to overlook. I been doing it for a while!! : )

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I found it in the user area. Under the section Manage Your Devices. Read it right there. It's easy to overlook. I been doing it for a while!! : )

Wow thx mate I knew PA gave me a bad vibe from the get go, now I know.

Just as a note, if you buy Byome, you are eligible for the upgrade to Triad for $49.  Although this is more than $29, if you use your $25 monthly voucher, if is only $24.  But you will use your voucher.  

Of course, if you get $50 vouchers, this won't work.  Something to think about.

Also, you can, or at least you used to be able to put your activations on a USB stick.  I had it on my Waves stick and it worked well.  I don't know if it is still possible though.   But it did make it easy to switch computers. 

• Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

15 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

Also, you can, or at least you used to be able to put your activations on a USB stick.  I had it on my Waves stick and it worked well.  I don't know if it is still possible though.   But it did make it easy to switch computers. 

This is true. I never used it before but it is an option to get over deactivations when switching computers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ron Stranghoener said:

I have sent numerous emails over the last several days without a reply. They have sent me 3 different emails about this promo BUT NONE OF THEM HAD ANY CODES!!

FEB-29-A-3HF824TP

use that as many times as you like, there is also another one back up a bit, but you only need 1 of the A codes and you can use it again and again. It's all good and legal and all in case you are wondering.

11 hours ago, Grem said:

You're right.  Posted a rant on their FB page.  Done with them.  No other developer treats the end user like this except for VSL's broken dongle policy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

You're right.  Posted a rant on their FB page.  Done with them.  No other developer treats the end user like this except for VSL's broken dongle policy.

I broke my dongle once, the doctor said it didn't matter what policy I had, I wouldn't be able to have kids.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dzilizzi said:

I have my Waves licenses and my PA licenses on the same USB stick. I got a good quality one just for that. I think it's less prone to break than a SSD or magnetic HD. Also, you can upgrade your computer without worrying losing your licenses.

• Like 2