PA 2 Vouchers - Any plugin $29?

cclarry

18 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

LOL! I have had GAS for years.  Hence the too much stuff, not enough use.  I keep hoping one will be a miracle sound gooderizer that will make all my tracks sound perfect!  Still waiting.  😫  😄

I have heard some rumors there is to be announced such plugin and it will be really affordable. Release date is 1. April ;)

19 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

The only thing I'm kind of still thinking about is the Metric AB, but I think I may have something like that already.  Though I think it is a standalone.  I need to look.

It is really cool plugin so if you have nothing similar to be used in your DAW you can bravely go for it ;)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

LOL! I have had GAS for years.  Hence the too much stuff, not enough use.  I keep hoping one will be a miracle sound gooderizer that will make all my tracks sound perfect!  Still waiting.  😫  😄

The only thing I'm kind of still thinking about is the Metric AB, but I think I may have something like that already.  Though I think it is a standalone.  I need to look.

Edit spelling

Metric AB is the one I’d get if I hadn’t got it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piotr said:

I have heard some rumors there is to be announced such plugin and it will be really affordable. Release date is 1. April ;)

It is really cool plugin so if you have nothing similar to be used in your DAW you can bravely go for it ;)

Yes, all the best plugins come out on April 1st for some reason.  I just don't understand it...  ☺️

I might have to get it.  I thought I had Mastering the Mix's Reference, but can seem to see that I bought it.  Probably just thought about it.  Probably wouldn't hurt to get it.  Will check to see if it is easy to use.  Though for $29, can't really miss. 

9 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

Yes, all the best plugins come out on April 1st for some reason.  I just don't understand it...  ☺️

I might have to get it.  I thought I had Mastering the Mix's Reference, but can seem to see that I bought it.  Probably just thought about it.  Probably wouldn't hurt to get it.  Will check to see if it is easy to use.  Though for $29, can't really miss. 

And still a little time to test it to make you more confident if it is what you need or quite  opposite  ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dzilizzi said:

I need to stop buying.  Once I discovered the A code could be reused, I got a couple more.  I don't need any more.  I rarely use what I have.....

Ugh! I decided to get DearVR Pro.  Done. Done. Done, Dumb,    The one thing I like about PA plugins is the activation is easy and 3 installs.  One machine went haywire where I had to deactivate/activate plugins since the license files had dates on them before some of the plugins were released.   I think this sale was designed to smooth over pissed off people when PA was stressing their sub.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

What is this "A" code shenanigans you guys are on about? 

Codes have either an "A" or a "B"  i.e. FEB-29-B-xxxxxxx or FEB-29-A-xxxxxxx   the A codes are reusable.  The B's are not and if you have used one B code, you can't use another. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dzilizzi said:

Codes have either an "A" or a "B"  i.e. FEB-29-B-xxxxxxx or FEB-29-A-xxxxxxx   the A codes are reusable.  The B's are not and if you have used one B code, you can't use another. 

Well what's the point of having two codes at all, then? I guess it wasn't like that from the start? No wonder no one was interested in my codes... 🤦‍♂️

30 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

Well what's the point of having two codes at all, then? I guess it wasn't like that from the start? No wonder no one was interested in my codes... 🤦‍♂️

The first two codes used on an account don't seem to be a problem.  It was just when we tried using more than the two that the A/B became a problem.  

33 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

They only became reusable today after the Plugin Alliance Facebook page turned into a customer satisfaction nightmare.

After spending a lot of time comparing them I ended up picking up both Triad and Byome.
Yes Triad can play Byome patches (and comes with them) but they don't sound the same often not even close, you might say its like comparing cousins as opposed to twins (close genetics but still so different even a stranger could tell them apart). If you're willing to spend the time tweaking Triad you might get something close but it's never right on the money.

• Like 3

On a different topic I had issues with the VST3 version of Triad. On several occasion after repeated muting the plugin (because I was A/B ing things), it would stay bypassed - you could see it reacting to audio but the output was stuck at 100% dry.  Haven't yet had that happen with the VST2 version.
Just mentioning it to see if anyone else ran into it.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

After spending a lot of time comparing them I ended up picking up both Triad and Byome.
Yes Triad can play Byome patches (and comes with them) but they don't sound the same often not even close, you might say its like comparing cousins as opposed to twins (close genetics but still so different even a stranger could tell them apart). If you're willing to spend the time tweaking Triad you might get something close but it's never right on the money.

I tried them too and they sounded differently.

First I had an expectation that Triad can handle everything that Byome can do, and maybe it can  but the sound was not the same. 

I will probably just get Byome for drums.  And Maybe not this time for Triad.

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

41 minutes ago, mikannohako said:

I tried them too and they sounded differently.

First I had an expectation that Triad can handle everything that Byome can do, and maybe it can  but the sound was not the same. 

I will probably just get Byome for drums.  And Maybe not this time for Triad.

I'm with you guys re TRIAD vs BYOME.  For me BYOME seems to be something I am more likely to use than TRIAD. 
I was also looking at SpecOps but again I'm not sure how much I would use it.

So far I have only picked up LION but I am also looking at one other which looks like it will be BYOME.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

One machine went haywire where I had to deactivate/activate plugins

One thing that is different about the license agreement with PA is, it only allows 7 deactivations for each plugin. That's it. Game over.

Now, since they let you put them on 3 machines, That's what I did. Put them on all three of my machines.

I just built a new computer and deactivated all PA plugins on that machine. So all my plugins have at least one deactivation on them. If any of the other two machines go down, then I am down to just  four deactivations left. Thing is, I know I had them on my home machine and I have rebuilt that one too. I just don't remember if PA plugins were on it at the time.

I can see this becoming a problem for those not aware (like me) of this limitation.

Also, I can find no where on the web site that tells me how many deactivations I have left.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Grem said:

One thing that is different about the license agreement with PA is, it only allows 7 deactivations for each plugin. That's it. Game over. ...

Thanks for the info - I was not aware of that limitation. When you say game over, you mean it's their policy not to offer more even if you contact support?