Humble Bundle Painting Bundle

cclarry

• 1 year later...

Rebelle is a great tool with the most realistic watercolor simulation. Mix mode is one of my favorite features in Rebelle. You can set its sensitivity, which is also great and useful in an artist's workflow.
Besides, the tilt does an outstanding job too, I wish I could manipulate with the shape and size of the drips in the future.
Any of the XPPen drawing pads are good for Rebelle. I started out using a XP-Pen Deco Fun tablet to get used to using one because it was the least expensive. It worked fine and I'm able to draw on the computer exactly like I do on paper.

On 2/27/2020 at 4:11 PM, cclarry said:

the best input for doing "Art" is a Graphics Tablet...and they can be had
relatively cheaply...

Just get a wacom drawing pad. The drivers for this are the most stable. Avoid cheap brands on Amazon. You buy cheap, you get cheap.

The beauty of a wacom pad is that you can use it in any computer, so it's transferable.

4 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Just get a wacom drawing pad. The drivers for this are the most stable. Avoid cheap brands on Amazon. You buy cheap, you get cheap.

The beauty of a wacom pad is that you can use it in any computer, so it's transferable.

Would have to disagree somewhat. I wouldnt bundle all cheaper than wacom graphics tablets the AVOID bracket. I have an A4 HUION tablet + Pen that are far better value than wacom and in my view just as good. I have had both

https://www.huion.com/pen_tablet/Huion/H610PRO_V2.html

Edited by aidan o driscoll

56 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Would have to disagree somewhat. I wouldnt bundle all cheaper than wacom graphics tablets the AVOID bracket. I have an A4 HUION tablet + Pen that are far better value than wacom and in my view just as good. I have had both

https://www.huion.com/pen_tablet/Huion/H610PRO_V2.html

I'm sure there are some good ones out there. The problem is sorting through the chaff. I asked friends who are designers and they all said you can't go wrong with Wacom. In contrast, you can go very wrong with some of the crap promoted on Amazon. 

My advice to anyone. Read deeply into the review/comments. Get past the paid reviews and you'll usually get to the truth.

16 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I'm sure there are some good ones out there. The problem is sorting through the chaff. I asked friends who are designers and they all said you can't go wrong with Wacom. In contrast, you can go very wrong with some of the crap promoted on Amazon. 

My advice to anyone. Read deeply into the review/comments. Get past the paid reviews and you'll usually get to the truth.

Yes .. all i am saying is it aint black and white as dont buy "cheap" AND it isnt just about Wacom only. Yes there is plenty of cheap crap on Amazon and elsewhere as is the case with many products BUT anyone buying an item like this should do there homework first, looking at the reviews, best of etc. One is looking for trouble if you just buy based on price. However its not all JUST Wacom. After a small bit of research you will find Wacom is at the top + costs most BUT there are others just as good at a fraction of the cost like Huion. 

I want to stress the following about Huion. This is ONLY my experience of there stuff after research at the time. Others here might have had different experience with Huion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

@aidan o driscoll you don't work for Huion, do you? 😅

@Philip G Hunt Nope not at all. I could ask back at you do you work for Wacom :D ( just joking same :D )

I just mentioned Huion as a credible cheaper alternative to Wacom for those who cannot afford a Wacom + after me doing lots of research pre purchase of many tablets

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

@aidan o driscoll you don't work for Huion, do you? 😅

I've only used Wacom tablets (I've owned 4 different models - and duplicates of some of those models) but I've also heard good things about Huion and would absolutely consider them if I needed something and Wacom wasn't having a really nice sale at the time.  

Wacom changing the PEN that is compatible with the tablets on what seems like every release is really annoying given the cost of replacement.  This becomes problematic years down the road trying to get support for a perfectly good working slate that is otherwise a fancy doorstop.  

• Great Idea 1