Wadorf LE

cclarry

So you go through APD's checkout process to get a discount code and then ...

"Click here to add the product to your cart: https://waldorfmusic.com/en/waldorf-edition-2-software/product/35-waldorf-editionle

Next, click "Proceed to Checkout" and either register for an account or login to your Waldorf account if you already had one

Next, proceed to cart page, where you can use your discount code from above to reduce your cart total to $0. Then complete the checkout process.

After this, you should receive an email from Waldorf with your download links and further instructions"

A somewhat convoluted process.

• Thanks 1

Differences between LE Version and full version:

This is the LE version of Waldorf Edition 2. It has some restrictions over the full version. The full version has many advantages over the LE version:

Attack:

24 parts instead of 12 in LE version

64 voices opposed to eight in LE version

melodic sounds

six stereo outputs

PPG Wave 2.V:

eight MIDI channels

64 voices instead of eight

two stereo outputs

possible upgrade to PPG Wave 3.V in our webshop

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, simon said:

I can't open an account at waldorfmusic I've tried twice  

the email says verified but the website gives an error

blah blah blah - giving up.  The pain/reward balance tipped in the annoying region.

I was just at the point where I was wondering whether I could be bothered and you helped me decide, thanks Simon! 

3 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I was just at the point where I was wondering whether I could be bothered and you helped me decide, thanks Simon! 

they eventually sent some "account confirmation emails" and those links threw up errors.

I also enjoyed this advanced account management feature - when I requested a password change (which also didn't work)

"The user account xxxxxx has this email associated with it. A web user from https://waldorfmusic.com has just requested that a new password be sent. Your New Password is: blahblahblah.  If you didn't ask for this, don't worry. You are seeing this message, not them. If this was an error just log in with your new password and then change your password to what you would like it to be"

meaning anybody can reset your password at any time, without user confirmation. Which is just annoying although not fatal...but they are also sending out passwords (and probably storing them) in plain text.   Their website seems to be from the same era as the PPG itself  :)

Doesn't inspire confidence in the security of your data 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, simon said:

I can't open an account at waldorfmusic I've tried twice  

the email says verified but the website gives an error

blah blah blah - giving up.  The pain/reward balance tipped in the annoying region.

I have to wonder with such a half assed setup that developers like this are ever worth supporting.   I give small developers like Hornet and Rast Sound they have their act together when it comes to their websites.   I'm starting to loathe web developers since they are reaching higher levels of incompetence.

Another heads up why I may no longer deal with APD is the history of your transactions is no longer in your account.  Did I say half assed web development?  

Edited by kitekrazy

12 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Another heads up why I may no longer deal with APD is the history of your transactions is no longer in your account.  Did I say half assed web development?  

Are they not displayed on your "Dashboard"  section? Mine are.

I know what you mean though. I've only dealt with them a few times and probably given up on something as being too much aggro the same amount of times. It almost seems like they go out of their way to team up with vendors who delight in making the whole hoop jumping experience as painful as possible. Bizarre really seeing as how the point of these kind of deals is presumably to lure you in and feel inclined to deal with them again and again. First impressions and all that.

• Like 1