Console view issue, staying open.

Storm Strom

I have custom to switch from track view to console view as my primary work flow. As I was working the console view stopped opening. After messing with it I realized that it would switch to the view but I had to manually expand the console every time I went from Track to Console view. After this happened a few times I uninstalled BandLabCW and the problem stayed in the project opening in Splat. 

Specs: Win 10 pro

Splat project into BandLab Cakewalk.

There may be some file differences between CbB and S-Plat @Stone Strom which may be an issue.

Have you tried using Lenses to get your layouts how you want them?  Lenses are able to be used across Projects unlike screensets.

There does seem to be an issue with the Multidock staying fully expanded between sessions.

Personally I use the default keyboard shortcuts of D (Open Multidock) and Ctrl+D (Fully Open Multidock) Though once I have used the Ctrl+D once in a session D seems to open and close it as required.

• Like 1

Hey Wookiee,

Nice hearing from you! 

To be honest I have no clue about Lenses and for the most part and I don't get Multidock.  I really only use what I use and as far as the views, I only use Track and Console view.  Last I remember, if you started to use Lenses you could not go back to the Multidock, I really just want to create. :) 

There doesn't seem to be much interest in my problem so it must not be an issue for others. no biggy. ha! 

Have a good one!

• Like 1

@Stone Strom was the Console opening in the Multidock and you accidentally closed the multidock.  It is just a thought as the default when selecting the console view is to open it in the multidock.  If your custom to switch views does not actually open the multidock first that might be what happened.