FabFilter incoming (not a deal)

Fleer

FabFilter has never been known for unique plugins. Rather, they make unimaginative standard types of plugins, but do them with such uncompromising quality and friendly UIs that you'll want their stuff even though you already have plenty of other compressors, EQs, reverbs, limiters, etc. in your arsenal. 

So what generic types of plugins don't they have yet? Chorus/Phaser/Flanger. Analysis/metering tools. Multi-channel effects. A level-rider. I can't imagine the world needs more of any of these, but then the success of iZotope's Insight took me by surprise.

The other thing FabFilter's famous for is selling new versions of existing products. Updated versions of their gate, de-esser or dynamic EQ seem unnecessary. A multi-channel spectrum analyzer would be welcome but other products already do this very well. Saturn would easily lend itself to expansion, perhaps offering some proper amp sims, so I'd be inclined to agree with Zo. I would also be inclined to buy a Saturn 2.

I just hope it's not Pro-C 3 or Pro-L 3.

• Like 1

If I was a wagering man I would probably put some money on bitflipper's response.

Part of me is hoping it is a synth because we know it would be a darned good one. I have their Pro-Q and love it. I don't now why but compressors don't interest me as much. One or two good ones and I'm good to go. Good limiters are important because we don't want bad limiters.

Analysis and mastering I can always use. Most probably have a few already so it might be a hard sell, especially when you can get EXPOSE for a pittance and SPAN for free. I find all of the standards sometimes confusing. LUFS, DB, the K system.....probably more out there. It would be nice to have a program that measures them all without the need to look at presets. Just does it pass or not?  Ozone and a few more show you whats on the screen. I'm talking about something that sends a pop up that says, I don't know what you just did but stop :) Whoa there buddy....you went a little over that LUFS . I know! How about a meter that shows a color range system that compares ALL of the standards at once and lets you know if you have strayed from the fold. Red means red. Green means green. That sort of thing.

The pre release reminds me of Apple when a new iphone comes out........it's hype and people eat it up. Anticipation. Similar to IK's new reverb. It's all good though. Part of me likes to be surprised. The other part of me is like, " Just put the darned thing out and cut the BS".

• Like 1