Bundled instruments install?

jkoseattle

Question

This is probably a dumb question. I recently installed CbB on my new machine. Everything is fine, but a bunch of the free instruments didn't install. The only one I'm seeing is the SI stuff, but no True Pianos, for example.  What did I do wrong, and how do I get those on there now?

10 answers to this question

Thanks,  so the optional plug ins are not installed by default, but the text says "Note: The core Cakewalk installer does not include all available plug-ins. If the plug-ins listed in this section are not available in Cakewalk, please download and install the optional plug-ins via BandLab Assistant (see BandLab Assistant)."

But where in BandLab Assistant do you go to install the optional plug ins? I'm not seeing it anywhere.

@scook So what you are saying, or not saying really, is that those other plug ins that used to come with Cakewalk no longer do? Hard to tell since you so enjoy speaking in links and images. I'm not an idiot, I found that. 

image.png.6684736adfa27e2be7a302946c02cec7.png

Edited by jkoseattle

20 hours ago, jkoseattle said:

@scook So what you are saying, or not saying really, is that those other plug ins that used to come with Cakewalk no longer do? Hard to tell since you so enjoy speaking in links and images. I'm not an idiot, I found that. 

image.png.6684736adfa27e2be7a302946c02cec7.png

With an attitude like that to people who are trying to help you don't be surprised if the friendly people here think twice before providing assistance.
I have found everyone here patient and understanding even when I have asked what in other places may have been thought of as 'stupid' questions. There are no such questions here just the occasional ungrateful and thoughtless response from those who do not appreciate people taking time out to help

Try again - we don't hold grudges 🙂

• Like 2

Well, now I feel bad. Sorry @scook, it's stressful setting this stuff up. 

What I've discovered was closer to "CbB does not come with all the same plug-ins that Sonar did, unfortunately. However, you should be able to get the plug-ins from your old installation of Sonar and install them that way."

Edited by jkoseattle

Hello Jkoseattle, did you ever find a solution?

I recently downloaded Cakewalk also and am having the same issue where none of the native instruments appear. 

I've checked to ensure they downloaded from bandlab, and have searched google, the FAQ here, and scrolled through a bunch of the forum to no avail. 

I've also tried uninstalling the reinstalling Cakewalk twice.