IK Multimedia Sunset Sound Studio Reverb is in the house!

Simeon Amburgey

I just installed and played around with the Sunset Sound Studio Reverb a little this afternoon and it really is amazing!
I am planning on doing a possible live stream soon so if any of you might have any questions about it, let me know and I will do my best to try and provide a reasonable answer ;) . Having used Waves Abbey Road Chambers and Plates quite a bit in the past I am excited to try Sunset Sound in some of those same situations and hear how it performs.

One thing I love is the amount of background information IK has provided. Having anecdotal info like this helps you to feel more connected to the product itself and gives you some perception on how to use it more intuitively.

My first impression playing the Embertone Walker 1955 Model D through it was just an openness and warmth to the sound. It is similar to how I feel about the Leslie simulation; there is just something about the way they have modelled these effects that give it air, space and dimension and that inspires creativity.

More to come, thanks IK!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this, Simeon.  Glad that you like it, it is really a sweet plugin in my humble (and obviously biased, but even without that I'd love a subtle spacial yet effective tool like this) opinion.

We have been hearing great things about T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb and have a nice T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb review roundup with lots of videos available now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I just put the jampoints gift towards gear credits so I could get SSSR (ended up costing $96 in real money after putting $39 in jampoints towards the $150  credit pack that sells for $135). I tried SSSR last night and loved it.

What I'd expected was that I might use it where I'd otherwise use Ocean Way or Capitol Chambers. I'm not sure I'll be replacing those with the Sunset rooms or chambers, but what surprised me was how great the plates sounded. With a longer pre-delay, they added a beautiful sheen to my thoroughly mediocre vocal track. I've always liked the UAD EMT140 and I got the Arturia for free, but in this context the IK sounded far sweeter than the UAD.

• Thanks 2

On 4/2/2020 at 2:05 AM, Craig Fowler said:

OK, I just put the jampoints gift towards gear credits so I could get SSSR (ended up costing $96 in real money after putting $39 in jampoints towards the $150  credit pack that sells for $135). I tried SSSR last night and loved it.

What I'd expected was that I might use it where I'd otherwise use Ocean Way or Capitol Chambers. I'm not sure I'll be replacing those with the Sunset rooms or chambers, but what surprised me was how great the plates sounded. With a longer pre-delay, they added a beautiful sheen to my thoroughly mediocre vocal track. I've always liked the UAD EMT140 and I got the Arturia for free, but in this context the IK sounded far sweeter than the UAD.

Wow thanks for that!  I love these plates too and the pre-delay comment is spot on.  Joe Chiccarelli mentions using pre-delay with the T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb plates in his video too.

• Like 1