Download plugin trouble - SOLVED

greg54

I've downloaded Plug And Mix's VIP Bundle.  I unzipped it and installed it.  But I don't see the plugins on my computer.  It says they're there.  But when I follow the link to where it says they are, I come to the folder that says I need to download it.  No plugins.  I tried it more than once, and still I don't see the plugins anywhere.

I've scanned and rescanned my VSTs in Cakewalk, but they're not there.   Suggestions?

Edited by greg54

48 minutes ago, greg54 said:

Yes, I contacted them.  They sent me a link to activate it.  I emailed them back and told them that wasn't the issue, and I haven't heard back.   So I thought I would try this forum.

thanks

I'm downloading it now. I will try the installation and see if I can duplicate your problem.

Okay, the I downloaded ( 64 bit ) WinRar file, unzipped it, ran the install file and it installed the files to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins.

16403332_VSTBundleDestinationFolder.JPG.4234a496a0d76d1bd73b42126ef68939.JPG

All the .dll files were properly installed in that directory.

571173670_VSTBundleDestinationFolder2.JPG.622b0a42cf9b47bf4dac7cbef5e87b14.JPG

Is your Plug-in Manager scanning the C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins directory? You may have to add that directory to the scanning locations . Open the Plug-in Manager and under VST configuration click Options, and then scan again. If you don't see the Steinberg folder listed you can add it to the list of directories to be scanned. A lot of plug-ins will install to the directory so it's a good one to add if you haven't already. That's all I got.

Edited by Chappel
Fix mistake

Chappel, I really appreciate you taking the time to do this!

I did exactly what you did, but the plugins are nowhere to be found on my computer.  When I follow the path, it leads me to a folder that says to install the plugins.   I don't see the plugins.    I have uninstalled and reinstalled it about 3 times at least.   I will try it again.

Thanks!!

48 minutes ago, greg54 said:

Chappel, I really appreciate you taking the time to do this!

I did exactly what you did, but the plugins are nowhere to be found on my computer.  When I follow the path, it leads me to a folder that says to install the plugins.   I don't see the plugins.    I have uninstalled and reinstalled it about 3 times at least.   I will try it again.

Thanks!!

Let me lay out the exact steps I took to install the files.

1. Right-Click the WinRAR file and extract it to a folder with the same name.

1535277955_InstallFromRAR1.jpg.cdd74700081fd5fdce55fc40ff1bc0d7.jpg

You should see something like this.

963379069_InstallFromRAR2.JPG.90e91b07f30a29011d5a611525fb0a6e.JPG

Go into the new folder and then go into the 1) Install Your Software folder.

1522556526_InstallFromRAR3.jpg.9c2d6044aed54ba8d7391781c95061fe.jpg

Go into the 1)Install Your Software folder and open the SetupVST64 file to install the .dll files. You will be able to change the destination for the files, or use the default destination, before the installation begins. If you have done all this already, then I have no idea what the problem is. All I can say is, this worked for me and I hope it works for you.

1804722257_InstallFromRAR4.JPG.5daf0dcefe89c7aa9d7fe1ba543611e2.JPG

• Like 1