Anybody using "Synthesizer V" for vocals and would you be interested in sharing your thoughts?

yeto

Anybody using "Synthesizer V" for vocals and would you be interested in sharing your thoughts?

I tried Emvoice and liked it but I am still questioning if it is worth $200. Synthesizer V is the closest thing I can find. I just started experimenting with it and was wondering if anyone had any tips of tricks they could share?

Thank you,
yeto

• Like 2

• scook changed the title to Anybody using "Syntheshttps://discuss.cakewalk.com/izer V" for vocals and would you be interested in sharing your thoughts?
1 hour ago, yeto said:

I tried Emvoice and liked it but I am still questioning if it is worth $200. Synthesizer V is the closest thing I can find. I just started experimenting with it and was wondering if anyone had any tips of tricks they could share?

Thank you,
yeto

Thanks I hadn't seen this before but also liked Emvoice. I had a quick listen to the demo videos and they sound OK though not quite as good as Emvoice imho but then again it's only 80 USD for the full version. 

I will give the demo a try. There is only one English voice (Eleanor) but hopefully they will bring out some more soon.

On 2/25/2020 at 2:33 PM, ZincT said:

Thanks I hadn't seen this before but also liked Emvoice. I had a quick listen to the demo videos and they sound OK though not quite as good as Emvoice imho but then again it's only 80 USD for the full version. 

I will give the demo a try. There is only one English voice (Eleanor) but hopefully they will bring out some more soon.

I made the following changes which helped the sound to be more human versus robotic.

In Voice Database Settings I changed Tension to -1.00 and Breathiness to 1.00.

Do you have any tips you can share related to making phrases sound more human?

***Added Comment: After working with this for approx. 1 week I am really starting to like this software. It is easy to input lyrics. I am having to use the "tricks of the trade" on some lyrics to get them to sound more American versus Asian but outside of that this software is pretty amazing. It is getting good reviews here as well.  

https://vocaverse.network/threads/synthesizer-v-discussion-thread.202/

I don't have a vested interest in this software...just sharing in case anyone is interested.

Edited by yeto
Added comment:
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

Just found this old thread and thought I would bring it back to life.

I have been following developments with this over on KVR here https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=509932 

I have recently tried the Basic version of Synthesiser V with the demo version of Eleanor Forte AI and the results are pretty good considering I didn't really tweak anything, just typed in the words and drew the notes (I'm also using Nectar to create a single vocal harmony).

https://soundclick.com/r/s8js4m 

Here's another I just did with something a bit more appropriate for the time of year using the new ANRI lite voice (with a small amount of Boz Provocative on the vocal). The pronunciation is slightly off in places but this could probably be tweaked further once I know what I'm doing (or maybe in the full version).

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14360315 

Some of the demos using the full version are pretty amazing and there are more and more voices in the works or released.
Solaria AI based on the voice of Emma Rowley, in particular, sounds amazing.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Synthesizer V has just been updated to version 1.5.0 with further improvements to AI, including an amazing update: multilingual capability for AI voicebanks! Chinese voices singing in Japanese, Japanese voices singing in English etc.

You can run check for updates from within SV and then update from the License and Updates panel.

Example of Eleanor AI singing in Japanese (sounding quite human to my ears)...

1 hour ago, Michael A.D. said:

Wow!   These are the best sounding synthetic vocals I've heard - far superior to Vocaloids and AlterEgo.  I'm going to have to get the demo and start fooling with this!

Definitely Michael. I have been holding off buying Vocaloid for the longest time as I always thought it wasn't quite there yet.

I like Emvoice but it requires an internet connection to generate the vocal.

This seems like the perfect solution and not overly expensive.

Anicute seems to be the best place to buy at present if you are in Europe/USA including bundles with Eleanor Forte AI and S V Pro.

https://www.anicute.com/pages/eleanor_forte _ai_pre-order 

You can select language and currency at the top of that page.

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

I've started to play with the basic version, but I'm stumped how you get it to act as a VST inside my DAW (Reaper).    The program does not seem to have created either a VST3 or DLL (for VST2), so I'm not sure how they are making it work.

Has anyone been able to run it inside their DAW?

I've looked at their YouTube video, but it just basically says "Insert the plugin".

2 hours ago, Michael A.D. said:

I've started to play with the basic version, but I'm stumped how you get it to act as a VST inside my DAW (Reaper).    The program does not seem to have created either a VST3 or DLL (for VST2), so I'm not sure how they are making it work.

Has anyone been able to run it inside their DAW?

I've looked at their YouTube video, but it just basically says "Insert the plugin".

One of the comments over on KVR mentions the pros of using the Pro version (note the last bullet below)...

• Exported vocal tracks can have aspiration as a separate wav
  • Up to 8-core rendering
  • Custom Scripts with huge potential
  • Alternate phoneme choices (“Alternate phoneme choices” doesn’t mean phonetic input is limited in Basic, but refers to a feature not seen before in editors of its kind. There are two extra choices in how each phoneme is pronounced alongside phonetic timing.)
  • Can be used as VST plugin inside your DAW

So I'm assuming that the Basic version is standalone only. I have been using it standalone alongside Cakewalk without any problems. I just render the wav in SV and then drag/drop it into Cakewalk. 

On 12/27/2021 at 2:11 PM, Michael A.D. said:

Thanks Zinc - that certainly explains my issue.   I guess I'll have to play with the basic version a bit more to make sure I want it, and so far I am liking it.    Most likely I will be ordering the Pro version in a few days.

I am thinking the same Michael.

As an exercise, I am trying to make a cover Of Cyndi Lauper's True Colors with it. It's not until you start to listen really closely to the original that you realise just how varied the vocal is. She goes from quiet, almost whispers in places to a more shouting tone in others and some parts sound almost spoken. Trying to cover all those bases with Eleanor Forte AI is probably not going to happen, but I like the results I'm getting so far (typing this on my phone, so I'll post a link later). 

I find the tension control the least pleasing to my ear, but I'm using pitch deviation, loudness and breathiness to good effect. Plus the individual controls per note to control pitch rises/falls to/from the note etc. I have also had to use Arpabet on phonemes in a few places to get the pronunciation I wanted.

Getting the basic vocal into SV is pretty fast, it's all the tweaking afterwards that's quite labour intensive. I do wonder how much using the pro versions of voices and app improves things. 

Update: Here's the first verse/chorus of my True Colors exercise; I am using SV Basic and Eleanor Forte AI Lite. I think a different voice might suit the song better, or maybe a different voice for the chorus where in the original she has a much harsher tone. EF AI is kind of too "soft" and although using the "tension" control makes it harsher it's not quite what's needed.  

Edited by ZincT