No Cakewalk Plugins/instruments showing up

Samuel

Hi all

I am pretty new to using DAWs and just installed Cakewalk. I installed the Studio Instrument Suite add-on from BandLab Assistant. However, when I open Cakewalk the software itself, when I go to the instruments section, there's nothing really except for a single Cakewalk instrument and Sforzando, a VST plugin (3rd party plugin - not Cakewalk's own). (see below)

1811868067_Number1.thumb.PNG.9efd7a3fdfa74686eef601278104b3bb.PNG

I am quite confused - on the BandLab website, it said (see below) "Try out some of our professionally recorded virtual instruments – all available for free on BandLab."

Where do you get these just wondering? They come with the studio instrument suite?  I can't find these instruments or plugins.

369722177_Number2.PNG.4c11085803e2889a4c067c564ae21865.PNG

I've also seen on the Cakewalk website:  "Note: The core Cakewalk installer does not include all available plug-ins. If the plug-ins listed in this section are not available in Cakewalk, please download and install the optional plug-ins via BandLab Assistant (see BandLab Assistant)." - however, I can't find a way to do this on Bandlab assistant?

Would appreciate some help here.

Thank you

Sam

Edited by Samuel

The "Virtual Instrument Playground" mentioned in the OP is from a BandLab page not a Cakewalk By BandLab page. These are two different products.

Unfortunately the BandLab instruments are not available in any other DAW.

As noted above, Studio Instruments which are regular VST2 plug-ins are in a separate installer.

Thanks there was an image above my post that had all the info needed to get the SI Suite but it was removed for some reason.

Just to be clear, click on the Install Addons... shown on this menu to access the Studio Instruments installer.

tvM36db.png

1 hour ago, scook said:

Thanks there was an image above my post that had all the info needed to get the SI Suite but it was removed for some reason.

Sorry; I removed it** because the OP had already downloaded the SI Suite and I thought the image  (1) was off topic (not addressing the issues of (a) why they weren't being seen in the browser and/or (b) the non-CbB plug-ins mentioned--which your post addressed) and (2) was a distraction (large image, not specifically relevant to the issues the OP wanted to know about).

7 hours ago, Samuel said:

I installed the Studio Instrument Suite add-on from BandLab Assistant. However, when I open Cakewalk the software itself, when I go to the instruments section, there's nothing really except for a single Cakewalk instrument and Sforzando, a VST plugin (3rd party plugin - not Cakewalk's own).

**PS: Since it is more of a one-page visual step-by-step tutorial, I put it here.

Edited by User 905133
to add the part of the OP related to the SI Suite having been downloaded, but not visible in the browser - I am not sure this has been addressed yet.

If SI Suite was installed, it did not get scanned. If it was scanned, then the scanned failed.

They may be in the FX list. This has been reported in the past.

The first thing to try is a VST Reset from preferences with "generate scan log" enabled. Review the log to see if the instruments are actually getting scanned.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2020 at 11:36 AM, scook said:

If SI Suite was installed, it did not get scanned. If it was scanned, then the scanned failed.

The first thing to try is a VST Reset from preferences with "generate scan log" enabled. Review the log to see if the instruments are actually getting scanned.

Hello @scook, I have been trouble shooting the same issue for a few days now and I think this solved part of my problem! THANK YOU!

As soon as I did this, the SI Instruments finally popped up in my plugin list. Now I just need to get them to record... but I'm one step closer to being in business! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/25/2020 at 5:36 PM, scook said:

I have done reset and scan. and th log file shows that the instruments scans are complete

plesae help me navigate to "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk" and search if any .dll file is present.

Mine doesnt show any dll file and I think that is why the studio instrument is not showing

I just want to be sure. Thanks

On 4/14/2020 at 6:28 PM, scook said:

Run a scan from preferences with "Generate Scan Log" enabled.

This will create a list of the dlls already scanned at the top of the VstScan.log found in %appdata%\Cakewalk\Logs

@scookI have done that, the path "c:\program files\cakewalk\studio instruments" is successfully scanned. still the studio instrument .dll is not showing

SharedScreenshot33.thumb.jpg.e5986f5504b954950847afad5274da3d.jpg

SharedScreenshot3.thumb.jpg.0f78d0e045a19c47c9906fe83c9cc2dc.jpg

SharedScreenshot2.jpg.9977b8af5fc1b8524137f34b5faa5383.jpg

only third party vst are showing

SharedScreenshot1_L2.thumb.jpg.4acf492165737f7a89ce1fbb8a928a10.jpgSharedScreenshot1_LI.thumb.jpg.d532302868db7940576b0c4cba522107.jpg

I have also Reinstalled the whole software as well as a vst reset.

Edited by DANOK
ommitted "only third party vst are showing"

I can't tell from the snippet of the log if the dlls were scanned.

3 minutes ago, DANOK said:

"c:\program files\cakewalk\studio instruments"

This is the install path for the supporting files not the plug-ins. Normally these folders contain documentation, samples and images used by the plug-ins. Normally the plug-ins are not in these folders. This path should be removed from the scan path.

The log also shows "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk" in the scan path. This user added path contains a lot more than VST plug-in dlls. It should be replaced with the default "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins" to pickup the AAS player.

My guess is "D:\Beats production sound kits" also does not contain VST plug-in dlls. If so, it should be removed.

By default Studio instrument dlls install in folders under "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins"

That said based on this image

SharedScreenshot3.jpg

the Studio instrument plug-ins are either in a user designated non-default location or were accidentally deleted.

Thanks a lot @scook

After seeing your final reply "the Studio instrument plug-ins are either in a user designated non-default location or were accidentally deleted."

I decided to search for "SI" on "D:""drive. I found it 

Then I copied it to "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins"

Now it Works!!

Thanks again.