An Annoying Cakewalk and Battery 4 Problem

tonto

Heyo
So being somewhat stuck in my ways I'm still using a few older versions of VSTs I'm accustomed to, including NI's Battery 4. Since a particular Windows update a few months back, however, I keep running into an annoying issue. 

I'll save a project with a particular kit and close the program. Then, being a bit random, I might move on to other projects I'm doing and eventually get back to it. HOWEVER, next time I open it, Battery 4 will first of all, open the kit i saved with it originally BUT a couple of seconds later, automatically switch to whatever kit I had opened from whatever project I had opened the last time I used Cakewalk. 

Not sure I expressed that in a grammatically sensible way BUT hopefully you get the idea.

Has anyone else experienced a similar thing and found a fix for it? I've broached the same subject on the NI forums but had no luck there sadly.

Many thanks! 
tonto

I don't know Battery, but would check directories it uses in Program Files and/or AppData for files that have been modified after a session with a certain project. Not sure if this is technically possible, but it sounds like Battery is saving a preset/config somewhere and restoring it independently of the plugin state saved in the project file.