remove program from CW utilities

jono grant

I don't know much about the Tools Editor, and can't add the Cakewalk reference file no matter what I tried so I guess I don't know how to use it,  but it's pretty easy to do by editing the registry. Of course, it's pretty easy to mess things up if you delete the wrong thing so to be safe it's a good idea to backup (export) the registry before deleting/changing anything if you don't have much experience doing this kind of thing. To remove a program from the Cakewalk Utility Menu:

Run regedit (and export it if you have any doubts about doing this).

Click Edit/Find and search for the key Tools Menu. When it is found it will look something like this. These are the items in my Utility Menu.

280421132_RegistryToolsMenu.JPG.46d04e20ae7b86863c2cae2d3a3d1e98.JPG

Delete the one you don't want. All done. Try this method if no one explains how to do it using the Tools Editor.

17 hours ago, Chappel said:

I don't know much about the Tools Editor, and can't add the Cakewalk reference file no matter what I tried so I guess I don't know how to use it,  but it's pretty easy to do by editing the registry. Of course, it's pretty easy to mess things up if you delete the wrong thing so to be safe it's a good idea to backup (export) the registry before deleting/changing anything if you don't have much experience doing this kind of thing. To remove a program from the Cakewalk Utility Menu:

Run regedit (and export it if you have any doubts about doing this).

Click Edit/Find and search for the key Tools Menu. When it is found it will look something like this. These are the items in my Utility Menu.

280421132_RegistryToolsMenu.JPG.46d04e20ae7b86863c2cae2d3a3d1e98.JPG

Delete the one you don't want. All done. Try this method if no one explains how to do it using the Tools Editor.

Thanks! I used to manage tools that way for sure. I just wondered if the tools editor thing did it.  I don't see any instruction on how to remove stuff with it, only to add.

On 2/24/2020 at 9:34 AM, jono grant said:

Cool! How would I go about removing a program from the list?

Before making changes, File | export   <  this creates a backup of this specific registry key.

In "edit" drop down, select the entry you wish to delete.

Change "Update Registry" to "Yes"

Press "Delete" - (this only appears when you Change "Update Registry" to "Yes")

• Thanks 1