Old Projects with Session Drummer/New OS/bye Platinum

Michael Fogarty

installed SSD drive/Windows 10 and have therefore lost Sonar Platinum forever. Too bad. Once Sonar went to the whatever it was called (equivalent to Cakewalk Assistant) I stopped downloading to my computer and ran the program from there. Go ahead, call me what you want. So, is there any way to get some of the old plug-ins back? I use all 3rd party plug-ins, but when doing quick demos for clients I would start a song on Session Drummer -and if kids songs, would actually even use the drums. Needed to load up a bunch of those old kids files, and alas -no Session drummer.        Another plug-in I used was the "big clean creamery" - (I think it was under Craig's guitar/bass in his chain FX that he created) on guitars and keys for sonic enhancement and no longer have that. Any ideas? Or do I have to re-assign everything in these old mixes.

Cakewalk Command Center still works. The Platinum installers should still be in your old Cakewalk account too.

The easiest way to get Platinum back is install the Command Center and re-install Platinum using the Command Center. After that install BandLab Assistand and CbB.

If CbB is installed now, it may be better to uninstall CbB from the menu in BA

242xmEe.png

before installing Platinum, then install Platinum and re-install CbB.

Just now, scook said:

Cakewalk Command Center still works. The Platinum installers should still be in your old Cakewalk account.

The easiest way to get Platinum back is install the Command Center and re-install everything.

After that install BandLab Assistand and CbB. If CbB is installed now, it may be better to uninstall CbB from the menu in BA

242xmEe.png

then install Platinum, then re-install CbB.

thanks - I was just going to update this thread as I looked up the Command Center name. Downloading now

Why would I need to re-install Cakewalk? Because it won't recognize the plugs I want maybe ?

Because Platinum and CbB share some utilities. There is a small chance Platinum will overwrite some of the newer software added by CbB. It is safer to add the old DAW first. The installers are not supposed to overwrite newer software but it happens sometimes and can cause problems. The CbB uninstall and re-install is good insurance.

Yeah, the installers are in your account if you do not want to install right away.

If you elect to install using CCC, the same installers are stored in a folder. The default is "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads"

The actual download folder is show on the Path tab in the CCC setup. Click the gear in the upper right of the CCC UI to open set up.

BTW, Addictive Drums and Melodyne need to be installed using those manufacturers methods. For Addictive Drums, it means installing the XLN Installer. For Melodyne, it means getting the installer from your Celemony Account. Both of these manufacturers track installs and allow two active installs at a time. The activations are managed in your user accounts on their sites.

what I mean is, one day they may not be available online correct? Can you actually download the installers like the old days and keep them backed up. Or is that what you are saying?

By the way, I just tried installing everything and a large part of it failed. No Sonar Platinum. Need to see what's up.

Edited by Michael Fogarty

You should have already saved the installers. My post above explains where CCC will place them on the new machine.

If you have access to the old drive, the installers may still be on it. Placing the installers in the download folder will cause CCC to skip the download and go straight to install and activate.

2 minutes ago, scook said:

You should have already saved the installers. My post above explains where CCC will place them on the new machine.

sorry for all the questions. I was told a few months back by some member that I am out of luck and this can't be done. Glad I ran into you. Thanks.

Everything is installing fine now.

15 hours ago, Michael Fogarty said:

sorry for all the questions. I was told a few months back by some member that I am out of luck and this can't be done. Glad I ran into you. Thanks.

The folks out of luck are the ones purchasing SONAR new since the closure by Gibson. If you already had SONAR and just need to reinstall, then you can. Which is good. I just converted my workstation from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and was able to get SONAR installed still (Because I want the Platinum "extras" that I did originally pay for). It all came out fine using the same steps scook outlined.