Plugins Missing Issue

BigWhirl2012

Let me start by saying I've used Cakewalk products for years. I know how to search for and enable new plugins. However, this post is about something much different.

I click on my BandLab icon and the program opens fine. It will search through my plugins and load them without an issue. However, once I finish working on a given song and try to open either a new project or an existing one, one of my plugins will always fail to load. The problem isn't with the plugins themselves. It's always a different one. Sometimes it's a Waves product or sometimes it's an Izotope or some other company but without fail, one - and only one - plugin will fail to load each time I replicate this behavior. I can close the program and re-open it as a fresh instance of Cakewalk and all my plugins will load just fine. But of course, if at the end of  a particular project, I try to close it and load another, then I get the missing plugin and am forced to close it and re-open again.  This has happened for about a year now. It's more annoying than anything else.

I do not experience this behavior if I open projects in my old Sonar Platinum. 

Thoughts or ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

That's what I'm trying to avoid. I have to do this each time I open a new project. I can open the program and pull up a song file and everything works just fine. It's just if I decide I'm going to work on another song and close the original file that the behavior occurs. At that point some random plugin will stop working. I either have to shut down and restart the program or rescan. It just gets old every single time I want to use the program.

27 minutes ago, BigWhirl2012 said:

That's what I'm trying to avoid.

If this is in response to the suggestion to run a VST reset from preferences, there is no reason to avoid the process.

A rescan is not the same as a reset. A VST reset clears and rebuilds the plug-in inventory in the registry. Platinum and CbB have their own inventories in the registry. The reset only affects the inventory of the DAW issuing the reset.

Always run the scanner whether performing regular scans or resets from preferences. Do not run the scanner from the plug-in manager.

If you do elect to run a VST reset consider generating the scan log.