"Outrageous" song

Sven-Arne Skarvik

OK it's 80's all day and I love it.

That percolating string triplet pad in the background was killer!

The chorus is so bright and poppy and great. That lead synth right at the end of the chorus comes in early, just wonderful!

The theme is dark as hell and  imho the lyrics are so great with the bright upbeat vibe. I think the internet can handle it no problem.

Mixwise I'd say you could let some of the bottom eq of the bass and kick back in. It's pretty tilted to the bright side.

This is my favorite song today.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Thank you guys!

Thanks for the mixing tips emeraldsoul, mabye I'll get around to remixing it but but this song really isn't one of my 'serious' projects (the serious ones don't go on Soundcloud). I was just surprised when my wife hated the lyrics so much,  

Edited by Sven-Arne Skarvik

Sven
This sounds so upbeat and perky until you pay attention to the lyrics and then you say wtf? And that's what's cool about the song.
I can see this playing during the opening credits of a dark comedy like Harold and Maude, something like that.
Nice to hear someone else with an off the wall sense of humor.

• Thanks 1

Your voice and that opening grabbed me and reminded me very much of Nik Kershaw. Really well done tune and the lyrics are fine. Sometimes wives just don't need to know just how dark we really are, lol.   These lyrics would have been fine 40 years ago.

Agree completely with others that the mix is light on the bass, but otherwise this is a stellar mix.

Dan

• Thanks 1

The lyrics aren't going to win you any awards here. Anyone with empathy won't like this at all. I like some dark humor but anything that seems to use another's misfortune as a subject of advertisement I just don't get.

The music on the other hand is great! Nice 80's feel to it. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the replies! I had forgotten how fun and encouraging posting songs on here could be!

Re: bass mix, I guess I like to err on the side of bass light, since the altarnative can really ruin a mix, particularily on today's "super ultra insane bass" playback systems. This song, being a very 80's type of sound doesn't suffer all that much IMO, since OG 80's pop recordings are usually fairly bright and "cold". 

5 hours ago, Starise said:

The lyrics aren't going to win you any awards here. Anyone with empathy won't like this at all. I like some dark humor but anything that seems to use another's misfortune as a subject of advertisement I just don't get.

The music on the other hand is great! Nice 80's feel to it. 

Thanks for representing my wife's side of the argument! Just for the record, "Michael" is not an actual person.

Edited by Sven-Arne Skarvik

An interesting mix of cheery music and serious lyrics.  Actually, I got a different message from the lyrics.  To my perception (understanding that Michael is not real) your lyrics seemed observational and somewhat empathetic.  I noticed this particularly in the course (e.g., poor Michael).  Anyway, I thought the song was well done and I enjoyed listening.

• Thanks 1