Analog Obsession Plugins are now FREE

cclarry

13 hours ago, jesse g said:

The Owner of Analog Obsession explains why he settled for the  subscription service.

Reade it on the  KVR  website

And that is how you act (NOT react) to someone going under. Hating is so easy, and at least in the first page all people feel morally supportive. That's what we need from people. Cheers...

• Like 2

I've had good experience with their freebies in the past so I'm willing to give these a try. I would take the criticism with a grain of salt and decide for yourself. I'm not saying that they don't warrant criticism because I don't really know but what I am saying is that on the internet one negative feedback gets repeated over and over across multiple forums to where it looks like there is much more to fear than there really is. For example, I work for an A/V company and we've learned that online feedback is like gold but that it's also a curse. It takes 10 positive reviews to counter just one negative review and I can't tell you how many times the negative reviews are by some pretty shady people who nobody wants to deal with. That's just my personal experience so I tend to give very little credit to online reviews these days and just try them out for myself. Currently I'm auditioning some studio monitors and I'm surprised at how different I feel about the ones I'm auditioning versus the feedback I'm seeing online.

• Like 1

Analog Obsession have just stated that their website has been under sustained attack and is now gone. This means that there are viruses on downloads I assume. Be careful with anything you’ve recently downloaded from them

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

What about earlier concerns these plugs are resource hogs and improperly coded?

I think they are still present. No hacker or website disaster can change it...

I do really respect and appreciate ALL people who use their free time to code something and share...

But in the same time I have lots of commercial or free great plugins which are working great so  still respecting that guy I just cannot waste time or put even theoretical risk because of my curiosity (or GAS/collector syndrome) .

So from my point of view it is case close.  And besides of any possible sympathy I just cannot afford supporting with hope for better future. I have quite limited resources and big GAS addiction  so I need invest in something what is more promising...

Still I do respect his work and crossing fingers... No hate or anything... But id doesn't mean I will lie to 'homies'....

I really liked Yala but the more I read the more I’m put off. Plugins apparently have a built in auto-mute as there are random volume spikes for some reason?  Coding sounds really sloppy and there are a ton more tools that are better

• Like 1

Despite my earlier post I would say that when people see malware you do have to be cautious and smart and take it seriously, even if they turn out to be false positives. It's just the world we live in. Developers can get hacked just like any of us so we should always proceed with caution no matter how big or small the developer. In the case of this developer it seems the majority of any Malware was being embedded during the download stream so it very well could have been that the files on the server were clean and that's why some didn't find any malware (like myself- I also only downloaded the 64 bit VST's)  and others did. It could have been just luck of the draw as to what files got hacked during the download stream. Anyways, it looks like the developer is on top of it now thanks to some vocal members on the other forums.

Regarding buggy software, I haven't tried all of the plugins yet but it's good that some people have documented where the issues are so I can pay attention. I have plugins I've paid for from some big name developers that are buggy and I just don't use because of it nor do I have time right now to submit a ticket to resolve so it's not just AO that is guilty of these issues. The stuff I have used from AO have been solid and I really like so I'm willing to try a few more a try. I wish the best to this guy and hope he gets it all sorted out because the plugins do have real potential.  Pre-box, for example, has been a real treat for me to use and I probably use it in every project.

Edited by Patrick Derbidge
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

He’s been fixing bugs a lot and people seem to like his plugins. KVR has some nasty characters who take pleasure in bashing developers, especially if they’re going down. His past behavior does seem odd but I really hope that he will bounce back and that his plugins continue to be improved and debugged.

Yeah ive come around and now really like his plugins. Konsol has a great tone and transformer crunch too it.

I use them also as placeholders for my Acustica plugins which are too CPU intensive. In final mix down I reach for Acustica to replicate the sound but don’t always need to as they sound decent