Analog Obsession Plugins are now FREE

cclarry

Wow.... What extreme amount of emu freebies... It is a pity there is a choice between kind of  subscription ($5/month) or free.

I believe additional choice with one time donation could give developer some additional and significant money. Now need to put myself into insane mode with anti-anything checking and then test something to feed my curiosity...

EDIT: hm, insane checking mode failed, multiple alerts. What is strange (and suspicious?) I cannot see any contact info to developer on web pages... Well, I will not take any risk, full armed with many plugins, will check in a few months again the web...

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 2

BEWARE BEFORE YOU START UNZIPPING THESE!!!!

HEADS UP FOLKS!  My McAfee anti-virus has flagged a few of these ZIPs!!  I'm going to try and check whether or not they're false positives.  I'll come back with a list of the ones that got flagged. 

----- edit -----

I downloaded ALL the VST and VST3 plugins and RESCANNED. 

McAffee threw up warning messages on:  YALA VST, Fetish VST, Rare VST, OAQ Vst, Jamp VST, Blackshow VST and Zuppa VST.

I rescanned the folder after downloading them anyway and McAffee came up clean.  I also scanned the folder with MalwareBytes and Windows Defender which also came up clean.  So I am assuming the warnings were false positives - it wouldn't be the first time.  :)

Sorry to be alarmist!

Edited by mibby
update with list and results
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mibby said:

BEWARE BEFORE YOU START UNZIPPING THESE!!!!

HEADS UP FOLKS!  My McAfee anti-virus has flagged a few of these ZIPs!!  I'm going to try and check whether or not they're false positives.  I'll come back with a list of the ones that got flagged. 

False positive I would say. I far more trust MALWAREBYTES and that came up with no issues after scanning the zipfiles. As I said I just downloaded the VST3 versions only

audioobsession.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mibby said:

It was a few of the VST versions that McAfee barked at.

OK, I have to download the VST 64 versions also because REASON doesnt support VST3. Will do same check with those and report back

Also @mibby if you never have, do try Malwarebytes, its free always to run a manual scan ( www.malwarebytes.com )

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Thanks 1

This is a subscription  Service.

So, let's say I paid the $5.00 monthly "Subscription" and I downloaded all of the plugins . If for some reason I don't pay the monthly "Subscription" again, do I loose functionality on all of the plugins downloaded?   Did you all receive serial numbers for each plugin, or is this a license manager?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mibby said:

So does that mean they have got viruses or not? This is getting confusing. I really like Yala, lovely vintage smasher. Though I think as Analog Obsession’s going down so he’s taking all us freeloaders with him 😂

Edited by tom
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jesse g said:

So, let's say I paid the $5.00 monthly "Subscription" and I downloaded all of the plugins . If for some reason I don't pay the monthly "Subscription" again, do I loose functionality on all of the plugins downloaded?   Did you all receive serial numbers for each plugin, or is this a license manager?

You can download them all now I believe without paying anything. No restrictions 

Edited by tom

1 hour ago, jesse g said:

I could be wrong, but I think the plugins are free to use; if you want support, you'll have to pay the 'subscription'. At least that's how I interpret this:

image.png.6d0856219568f4204b8be23380769f02.png