Sign in to follow this  
Johnbee58

To Take My Hand-Original Love Ballad-Reposted

Hey John!ย  I'm so glad you are still writing and recording!ย ย 

nice ballad!ย  I like theย  strings, they're a good addition to this.ย  good work!

• Like 1

John B
While listening I kept thinking what a perfect song this would be for Valentine's Day or an anniversary. Just beautiful lyrics. The emotion behind your singing came across very well too.ย  Great job on this!

• Like 1

Hi John,

Lovely ballad! Your choice of piano chords underneath the vocals was very nice indeed. Great lyrics that come across very sincere. For me, the vocal and instrumentals aren't quite congealing together. Mix seems a bit bass light. I think if you bring the instruments up just a little and maybe tie everything together with some "mix glue' you'll have a perfect mic. Material itself is excellent :)

• Like 1

Like Paul McCartney once sang - there's nothing wrong with silly love songs๐Ÿ˜€ย I liked your vocal on this - nicely done.

I thought the song was quite good and well arranged. The horns and strings worked quite well.

No crits on the mix - sounded good to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Starise said:

Hi John,

Lovely ballad! Your choice of piano chords underneath the vocals was very nice indeed. Great lyrics that come across very sincere. For me, the vocal and instrumentals aren't quite congealing together. Mix seems a bit bass light. I think if you bring the instruments up just a little and maybe tie everything together with some "mix glue' you'll have a perfect mic. Material itself is excellent :)

@StariseThanks, Star.ย  By "mix glue" you probably mean buss compression.ย  That was the next thing I was going to try.

๐Ÿ˜€

@Douglas KirbyThanks so much, Doug!

๐Ÿ˜€

And where would the world be without "silly" love songs.ย  This is a wonderful song.ย  You have a strength in writing very sincere lyrics (they seem very personal) and matching them with great melodies and music.ย  Well done!!!ย 

• Like 1

Another fine bass line on this one John. Love Ballads are tough, and I credit you for taking it on. But man,
the bar is high. Colour My World, I'm taking a risk here, not a favorite (here come the flames). But I can see
the parallel and you've nailed that. Maybe I'm just "projecting" here, ballads; I avoid 'em at all costs, so take
it with a grain of salt. Overall, well done and "props" for putting it on the line (I don't have the courage).
Do keep them coming!
All the best,

t

and just to be honest here: Ann Wilson is the undisputed Queen of rock, Unchained Melody, she didn't nail it.

I'm so doomed! ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 11:28 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Another fine bass line on this one John. Love Ballads are tough, and I credit you for taking it on. But man,
the bar is high. Colour My World, I'm taking a risk here, not a favorite (here come the flames). But I can see
the parallel and you've nailed that. Maybe I'm just "projecting" here, ballads; I avoid 'em at all costs, so take
it with a grain of salt. Overall, well done and "props" for putting it on the line (I don't have the courage).
Do keep them coming!
All the best,

t

and just to be honest here: Ann Wilson is the undisputed Queen of rock, Unchained Melody, she didn't nail it.

I'm so doomed! ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Thanks t!ย  (Note: Correction)

๐Ÿ˜€JB

Edited by Johnbee58
  • Like 1

Hey John,
no flash photography here please; witness protection!

๐Ÿ˜‰

t

Also, Tommy is reserved for my sisters, even my wife calls me Tom... ๐Ÿ™‚

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

Hey John,
no flash photography here please; witness protection!

๐Ÿ˜‰

t

Also, Tommy is reserved for my sisters, even my wife calls me Tom... ๐Ÿ™‚

So sorry, Mr. t ๐Ÿ˜„

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi John,

Great ballad with musically stretching chord sequence + nice mix.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Thanks so much, Paul!

๐Ÿ˜€JB

sounds great

nice piano

great melody

the only thing I could think, and this is just me, I think it would be better if you removed one verse, seemed a little long

but otherwise another top notch JB pop original

• Like 1

I wish everyone would write songs with positivity.ย  You performed it with sincerity.ย  Kudos.

Edited by David Sprouse
  • Like 1