To Take My Hand-Original Love Ballad-Reposted

Johnbee58

Hi John,

Lovely ballad! Your choice of piano chords underneath the vocals was very nice indeed. Great lyrics that come across very sincere. For me, the vocal and instrumentals aren't quite congealing together. Mix seems a bit bass light. I think if you bring the instruments up just a little and maybe tie everything together with some "mix glue' you'll have a perfect mic. Material itself is excellent :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Starise said:

Hi John,

Lovely ballad! Your choice of piano chords underneath the vocals was very nice indeed. Great lyrics that come across very sincere. For me, the vocal and instrumentals aren't quite congealing together. Mix seems a bit bass light. I think if you bring the instruments up just a little and maybe tie everything together with some "mix glue' you'll have a perfect mic. Material itself is excellent :)

@StariseThanks, Star.  By "mix glue" you probably mean buss compression.  That was the next thing I was going to try.

😀

@Douglas KirbyThanks so much, Doug!

😀

Another fine bass line on this one John. Love Ballads are tough, and I credit you for taking it on. But man,
the bar is high. Colour My World, I'm taking a risk here, not a favorite (here come the flames). But I can see
the parallel and you've nailed that. Maybe I'm just "projecting" here, ballads; I avoid 'em at all costs, so take
it with a grain of salt. Overall, well done and "props" for putting it on the line (I don't have the courage).
Do keep them coming!
All the best,

t

and just to be honest here: Ann Wilson is the undisputed Queen of rock, Unchained Melody, she didn't nail it.

I'm so doomed! 😟

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 11:28 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Another fine bass line on this one John. Love Ballads are tough, and I credit you for taking it on. But man,
the bar is high. Colour My World, I'm taking a risk here, not a favorite (here come the flames). But I can see
the parallel and you've nailed that. Maybe I'm just "projecting" here, ballads; I avoid 'em at all costs, so take
it with a grain of salt. Overall, well done and "props" for putting it on the line (I don't have the courage).
Do keep them coming!
All the best,

t

and just to be honest here: Ann Wilson is the undisputed Queen of rock, Unchained Melody, she didn't nail it.

I'm so doomed! 😟

Thanks t!  (Note: Correction)

😀JB

Edited by Johnbee58
  • Like 1