Mixing latency slider

Joel Glenn Wixson

Question

I can access the Mixing Latency slider at the open screen, but if I adjust it, when I open a project the audio doesn't work. If I open the project first, Mixing Latency is grayed out. I have been using Cakewalk by Bandlab for about a year, and had adjusted it previously without issue. I recently updated Cakewalk and added some VSTs.  Did something change with the update? Could it be one of the VST's?

5 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Bill Phillips said:

FWIW, the slider now works in ASIO with my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 gen 1 with Driver 4.63.24.584 and firmware 608. However the 18i8 only supports 7 buffer sizes between 16 and 1024 samples. If the slider is dropped in between I get the BSOD. So I don't use it. I can't remember who announced that the slider had been activated Cakewalk or Focusrite.

You are correct. Starting with 2019.11 latency slider works for some ASIO drivers. RME does not support this feature so I saw no change in slider behavior. Thanks for reminding me,

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scook said:

The Mixing Latency fader depends on the Driver Mode selected. It was never used for ASIO mode. It was disabled for WASAPI Shared starting with CbB 2019-11 because the DAW cannot change the value.

FWIW, the slider now works in ASIO with my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 gen 1 with Driver 4.63.24.584 and firmware 608. However the 18i8 only supports 7 buffer sizes between 16 and 1024 samples. If the slider is dropped in between I get the BSOD. So I don't use it. I can't remember who announced that the slider had been activated Cakewalk or Focusrite.