So Cold ..

mark skinner

Here's an acoustic ballad I've been going back and forth with for a while. Shortened it a few times but now settled on this longer version. Fictional lost love break up song from  a guy getting the last word in , but too tired to get excited .  Any feedback welcome. Thanks for the listen ..   mark    https://soundcloud.com/user-810058643/so-cold

• Like 2

Yes a great listen on a Friday night, amazing , thank you . . . I had to laugh when JohnBee58 and David Sprouse said Boz Scaggs, because it is so reminiscent of that sound, but never thought it until it was mentioned . . . so much talent in the guitar work in all your songs I've heard here.

Edited by noynekker
  • Like 1

Lots to like here, that is for sure! Thumbs up, thumbs up. Now, there’s always a but, lots of low end, but I would like a bit more definition on the kick and bass. Both are better on the cans than in the car. Not muddy, just “there” but not well defined. There’s a high pitched percussive element in the right can that’s just a bit too loud on the Bose cans here. I love the tune. 

t

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and fantastic comments. You always help me identify problem areas I'm not aware of.  I really appreciate the Boz Scaggs references , definitely take that as a compliment.  I love doing instrumentals but I've started working harder on vocal songs before my Old voice kicks the bucket for good.  Thanks again ...  mark

• Like 1