TAGS?

sjoens

Question

6 answers to this question

When you start a topic there is a textbox for creating tags.

If you know bbcode you can write the tag code yourself. That's probably how that one newcomer got to have a red tag in his topic title.

Board admins can prohibit use of bbcode as they wish. One day a certain bbcode work and maybe another day it doesn't.

TheSteven reminded me of this with [.SPOILER]spoiler text[./SPOILER] if you remove the dots it should be 

spoiler text

That didn't work in the preview but it worked when submitted. Interesting.

Ok, then we test this.

If you remove the dots/periods in this [.tag]sjoens[/.tag] it should be [tag]sjoens[/tag].

Seems the tag code isn't allowed in a post.

Edited by Kurre
Addition.

When you create a new post as the creator you can add Tags to it
image.png.1e05ceae5fb8f9b9109aa35a0e5b890a.pngimage.png.b24b1fe1d252ad977d4bfa4e79ee3dea.png

- or even go back later and edit or add them
image.png.508a751cf98b7feccef28781e7c86530.png

As to why some are red - I suspect it's because they match a key word for that particular forum but don't know for sure.
But only the creator* of the thread can add, remove or edit the Tags of that thread. 
*and probably the forum manager probably can as well.

Edited by TheSteven

The problem with having a tag in front of the header is that you no longer get a straight left-aligned column with headers. That makes the subjects harder to read as it disturbs the natural movement of the eyes when used extensively. In my opinion it would have been better if the red tags had been placed after the header text and not before. Trailing tags are not a problem.