Reason 11.2

cclarry

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

Upgrading from 10 to 11 Suite. Good value, $1200 worth of Rack Extensions for only $100 more than the regular upgrade. 

Where have we heard that stuff before?  It will bloat your OS drive since they haven't come up with a way to store extras on another drive like other DAW do.   I'm not into the makelink crap since I don't do that with any other DAW.   It has more value than Live's Suite.  When you have other DAWs you've probably have an arsenal that's much better than those REs. 

Just trying to use MIDI out from the Reason Rack Plugin in CbB but it cannot be selected for some reason (no pun intended).

REason.thumb.jpg.b35b2cec1515c7d0dae745431199e43d.jpg

Like this --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SR_qQDGHuI (wish they wouldn't always use Ableton Live for these demos).

By the way, it works fine in Studio One Pro 4.

Any ideas Reason users?

Edited by ZincT

11 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

That's odd.  MIDI Output is enabled on mine with the new version.  But I have auto-plugin scanning on startup enabled.  If you don't perhaps you need to do a manual scan to update the settings for the Reason plugin (since they changed with this release)?

Thanks for your reply Matthew. 

I was pretty sure that I re-scanned but just did another re-scan to make sure and CbB didn't find any new plugins. Anyway, I thought I would try again and strangely "Enable MIDI output" is now selected by default and works fine. Go figure! 🤔 

Cheers 🍻

I'm not sure I trust the CbB new plugins count.  I'm am pretty happy about this update.  Since I jumped on version 11 thinking I could use the generators inside CbB and was crushed when that wasn't included. 

While certainly not worth full price, I'm pretty sure I didn't pay all that much for it (less than $200).  For that it's a pretty good deal.  A ton of instruments and now MIDI generators.  The only complaints I have left is the non-configurable install data directory and the loss of rewire (which I really never used but I hate losing things).

• Like 1

I am enjoying Reason 11 Intro and the Rack Plugin which I got in a half price sale around Christmas. I am thinking that I will upgrade to standard Reason 11 when there's a sale (upgrade is currently £239 https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/product/reason-11-upgrade-for-introlite/ ) and I'm also keeping an eye on KVR ;) . 

I really like some of the players in Reason and that new Beatmap player looks cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNGxdyTevzs (not in my version though). I also noticed that I have nearly £50 of rewards in my account from players and other Reason stuff (Korg Polysix) I bought in the Christmas sale.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Do check out the Suite version though, as it holds an amazing bunch of stuff for not much more than the regular upgrade. 

strictly speaking that's the one I'm holding out for - as Larry says JRR is currently cheapest for all these upgrades with the code FORUM.

On 2/21/2020 at 11:45 AM, ZincT said:

Just trying to use MIDI out from the Reason Rack Plugin in CbB but it cannot be selected for some reason (no pun intended).

REason.thumb.jpg.b35b2cec1515c7d0dae745431199e43d.jpg

Like this --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SR_qQDGHuI (wish they wouldn't always use Ableton Live for these demos).

By the way, it works fine in Studio One Pro 4.

Any ideas Reason users?

Ok .. I CAN enable Midi Output but after that I am trying to figure out how to use a PLAYER ( the Arpeggio Player ) so as to control a VST added to a track in Cakewalk??

Anyone fancy a quick dummies guide on how to do this?