Track Pane

Astraios

screen sets? (you can use the number keys on the keyboard to switch between screensets. Like you can have #1 have all the tracks small and #2 BIG and #3 medium with Auto Track Zoom ON and #4 Medium with auto track zoom off and #5 be your favorite synth maximized and #6 be your guitar Amp Sim maximized and #7 be Track View etc. You can lock these views or not lock them. If you don't lock them, any changes you've made stick when you move off of it.)

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=WindowManagement.08.html

Auto Track Zoom?

Auto Track Zoom. This command enables/disables Auto Zoom, which allows you to automatically enlarge the track that has focus. All other tracks are minimized. When a new track is focused, it swaps heights with the previously focused track.

Edited by Gswitz
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gswitz said:

screen sets? (you can use the number keys on the keyboard to switch between screensets. Like you can have #1 have all the tracks small and #2 BIG and #3 medium with Auto Track Zoom ON and #4 Medium with auto track zoom off and #5 be your favorite synth maximized and #6 be your guitar Amp Sim maximized and #7 be Track View etc. You can lock these views or not lock them. If you don't lock them, any changes you've made stick when you move off of it.)

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=WindowManagement.08.html

Auto Track Zoom?

Auto Track Zoom. This command enables/disables Auto Zoom, which allows you to automatically enlarge the track that has focus. All other tracks are minimized. When a new track is focused, it swaps heights with the previously focused track.

Thx for replie, Gswitz and great idea. Seems you have a good workflow acting like this...
I remember, working with screensets didn't satisfie my workflow experience.
One thing is, I always have to keep in mind what is for what and on the other hand, didn't it
take quite a second to chance the screensets?
By using them I had the feeling my view (and monitor) was 'shaking' like a dice cup.
Maybe my graphic adapter isn't that good or do I need 32 RAM to get a quick and flawless turn between the screensets?
Auto Track Zoom is status quo here in my setup… no doubt about this!
Right know I'm in with 'Lences' and turned off the screensets, so they don't even show up in shortcut editor anymore..  

Edited by Astra-Ios
grammar

I don't switch screensets while recording. Once was enough to learn that lesson.

For me, they change quickly enough. It is true that I'm very fast getting the view i want whether changing current view or using a screenset.

When i take time to lay out an array of fx for viewing, it is easier to save it as a screenset.

I have a good video driver but only 16gb ram. I don't use lenses yet. They are more recent in my cakewalk experience and i haven't had a need for them.

• Great Idea 1