T-Racks updated to 5.3.0

cclarry

Does this mean we run the installer then have to UN-install all the plugins we don't own?  Not that I'm complaining about an update, but I guess I'm complaining... 🙂

P. I DO like my T-Racks plugins though, just not all the "mess".

• Like 4

This also adds resizing and undo/redo for all.

All plugins are installed (and was based on user feedback) in order to allow easiest demoing and offline authorization.  Sometimes I don't notice this because I use collections in Cubase (I know, blasphemy here!) to manage my plugins and because I have all of the T-RackS processors, too, I suppose.  AmpliTube also has presets using gear that you may not have so you can demo it quickly and easily.  Not everybody can craft guitar tone from the ground up and enjoy having presets to use as a starting point and/or to try the gear.

After 20 days they haven't fixed my issue, lol. I don't know what's going on, I firmly believe they want me to use free stuff without making it official. At this point in time I think I am gonna let IK M die on my computer (unless they fix my issue... no big deal though, but... it matters for future reference).

20 minutes ago, Carlos said:

After 20 days they haven't fixed my issue, lol. I don't know what's going on, I firmly believe they want me to use free stuff without making it official. At this point in time I think I am gonna let IK M die on my computer (unless they fix my issue... no big deal though, but... it matters for future reference).

Carlos, what issue are you having?

6 hours ago, jesse g said:

Several: I gave away my Tracks 5 MAX license. From here, I lost like 8 jam points (I don't care), a free compressor (don't remember exactly which, it was a red/gray one, multi band I think), and I still can use all the Tracks 5 MAX plugins. From IKM support I have gotten no answer, and from Peter a kind of weird half logical answer...
Why illogical? Because... I have like 4/5 separate licenses of different Tracks 5 MAX plugins, but in order to use them I have to install the whole Tracks 5 MAX package,  there's no "select what you have" option, and he told me I should erase what I have no right to use anymore... 

But honestly I am tired of trying to doing the right thing... and tired of expecting people do these right... now if something doesn't work out (about anything) I just return it or bite the bullet... 

7 hours ago, jesse g said:

I'm not Carlos, and it's not T-Racks, but Amplitude 3 is unusable in Pro Tools, and has been for years.  This means if I'm recalling a session, say for a greatest hits release, I'm boned if I used this plug in.  

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2020 at 3:21 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

All plugins are installed (and was based on user feedback) in order to allow easiest demoing and offline authorization. 

Why not have this optional?  I.E. check box to toggle all or just previously installed modules?
I personally only want what I own/purchased to be installed and have to manually delete the unlicensed.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 6

While we're on installation issues - IKM could also make life easier for customers by remembering (storing & recalling) the previous install locations.
It's a really easy thing to do, at least for Windows installers, just write the selected VST, VST3 and AAX install locations in the registry. 

Hopefully I'm coming not off rude.  I'm really liking what IKM has been coming out with, just think that the installers could use some TLC.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 12:21 AM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

AmpliTube also has presets using gear that you may not have so you can demo it quickly and easily. 

For me this is even the worse problem than to uninstall T-Racks that I don't have, because there is no work-around to avoid those silly messages! But in general I think both of these issues show that IK Multimedia is not really listening to customers, instead they think this is a good promotion for there products, but I doubt in that 😉!

• Like 4

On 2/21/2020 at 10:31 PM, TheSteven said:

While we're on installation issues - IKM could also make life easier for customers by remembering (storing & recalling) the previous install locations.
It's a really easy thing to do, at least for Windows installers, just write the selected VST, VST3 and AAX install locations in the registry. 

Hopefully I'm coming not off rude.  I'm really liking what IKM has been coming out with, just think that the installers could use some TLC.

You're not being rude at all but if you are updating then our installers absolutely should already be doing this.  If you are running into an issue where you're not seeing this then please alert IK Support and they can take a look.

On 2/21/2020 at 2:08 AM, Carlos said:

Several: I gave away my Tracks 5 MAX license. From here, I lost like 8 jam points (I don't care), a free compressor (don't remember exactly which, it was a red/gray one, multi band I think), and I still can use all the Tracks 5 MAX plugins. From IKM support I have gotten no answer, and from Peter a kind of weird half logical answer...
Why illogical? Because... I have like 4/5 separate licenses of different Tracks 5 MAX plugins, but in order to use them I have to install the whole Tracks 5 MAX package,  there's no "select what you have" option, and he told me I should erase what I have no right to use anymore... 

But honestly I am tired of trying to doing the right thing... and tired of expecting people do these right... now if something doesn't work out (about anything) I just return it or bite the bullet... 

If you followed the transfer steps at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=44  then you shouldn't have an issue but of course you are supposed to remove your installations of our software as per the EULA at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal

This is true for nearly every company out there and that's why it was mentioned that you should remove software you have sold and transferred.  

You should have been contacted by our Support Manager as I had relayed your ticket information when you sent it to me.  Sorry if my assistance was "illogical" but the assistance from the support team/manager should have been spot on and should follow our transfer policy as stated in the FAQ and the EULA posted just above.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia