Red Room Palette updated to 1.2 and Sale

cclarry

7 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

I find the Close mics really dry, but I find the Decca mics to have a lot of muddy ambiance baked in.  It's not a huge space, but I really don't like the sound of it. Do you find it blendable with other libraries? 

To be honest, I'm pretty boring, I generally just make orchestral music with sections of instruments from the same company, recorded in the same hall. 

I just know that people always say that dry libraries are good for combining with other libraries.  So I made that assumption.  You obviously know more about Palette than me.  

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

You obviously know more about Palette than me.  

Nah, I make it up as I go. :) The dudes who make Palette do talk a lot about how blendable their library is, I think partly because it is fairly dry compared to others. I think they consider it a feature, and folks who have other libraries will benefit from adding this to their toolbox because it will compliment what they already own. So, possibly I am just using it incorrectly, maybe not getting the correct balance of mic positions. 

Yes, they have great support.

I own Symphonic Sketchpad and Melodics

Following their instructions I had to download 14 2G files for Sketchpad and 19  2G files for Melodics.   I have very fast internet so normally these kinds of downloads take an hour.  It took basically an entire afternoon.  I admit I stepped away now and then and there were pauses, but normally I don't have to step away.   The unpacking was also equally slow.. And that's kind of a start it and walk away type of thing.

After all that, I got two new percussion instruments in Sketchpad and new legato for Melodics.  I think it would have been cool if they could have figured out a way for me just to download the files that had the percussion, but I guess there are bug fixes in the whole thing so it had to be that way., 

But in retrospect I wouldn't have done the Symphonic Sketchpad update.   I don't need temple blocks and a cymbal swell.   Only the Melodics.  That's a big deal, improving the legato. 

I have nothing to report about any of this because I only dragged the unpacked files over at 11:30 PM after I finished my Sunday night TV.   It worked flawlessly but no time to play even though I started the process in early afternoon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...