- Seelake Audio Station -

Jim Fogle

First time I'm seeing their site. For those prices though, I personally would go with Jim Roseberry or just build it myself and even get higher end components. Sorry, not trying to shoot them down, but just looking at value for product(s).

• Like 1

Purrfect Audio  is a good solution.  Even though audio computers are kind of rare, several other solutions exist.  What I find unique are the combination of an embedded 64 bit Windows operating system and integrated audio and midi interface.  In my opinion I believe having a built-in operating system and interface minimizes the need for driver and operating system updates which should make for a more stable system than adapting a general purpose computer for audio use

• Like 1

I'm testing a new prototype.

It's a "micro-tower" (mini-ITX) that has a handle (aluminum case).

CPU is a i9-9900k with all 8 cores locked at 5GHz. 

Pair this with a 15.6" 10-point multi-touch monitor (essentially a laptop display with multi-touch capability).

Put the multi-touch monitor and your audio interface in a 2U laptop rack case (rolling- easy transport and quick setup).

Connect video and audio cables between the rack and micro-tower... and you're ready to go.

All the power of a fast desktop... none of the limitations of a laptop... and runs near dead-silent.

I use Ableton Live when playing gigs (trigger samples and to host virtual-instruments).

I'm excited about this particular build... because I have all the speed of my studio DAW... in a form-factor that's practical for live use.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Hey , noticed you guys talking about the Seelake Audiostation. I have 2 of the Seelake X64 setups and they work great. ( i have 2 because i got a great deal from a studio in a jam a few years ago) . i am able to mix my entire band in a live setting using plugins and amp sims reliably. I would be interested in selling one of the rigs for $1800 if anyone is interested in discussing it, I believe the configuration i have goes for a close to $3000 currently, plus my memory has been increased to 32gb and I  would leave plugins installed that are valued at more than the machine itself. Hit me up if anyone is interested.

20191209_014501.jpg

20191209_014618.jpg

20191209_014641.jpg

20200114_203039.jpg

Assuming my employment sticks through the end of the year, a JR/Purrfect Audio machine will be my XMAS pressie to meownself.

My 9 year old mobo is still working even after upgrade from 16GB to 32GB and 1TB SSD boot drive. Samples and project drives were replaced too.