How To Delete Markers?

DallasSteve

Question

How can I delete markers in the track view?  I have some Key markers like C and A# up near that top that I want to remove.  I saw this question in the old forum and it had an answer and it also had a suggestion to check the Help manual.  So I tried both.  The answer was to click the marker and select Delete.  That doesn't happen in my version of Cakewalk by BandLab.  Clicking the marker opens a marker dialog and it has no Delete option.  You can set the marker to No Pitch, but it's still there.  I want it gone.  I also checked the online Help and its instructions are similar and they also don't work.  If someone can point me to the correct Help docs I'll try that.  I selected Help, Documentation in the Cakewalk interface menu and then I clicked Index and searched for Markers.  The documentation does not match the product.  Not good.  Finally, I have about 30 markers to delete.  It would be nice if I could select them all and delete them all in one move.

Edited by DallasSteve

6 answers to this question

Michael

Thank you.  That did it.  I didn't know there was a Markers view, but I should've guessed.  There are about 20 different views in this product.  I was able to delete the markers easily.  I was even able to select the first, hold down Shift, select the last, then delete them all.

Steve

There are several ways to delete markers:

• Click (and keep the mouse button pressed) a marker in the time ruler, then press the DELETE key.
  • Drag in the time ruler to select the markers you want to delete, then go to Edit > Delete Special and only select Markers. Note that this only works if clips overlap the selected time region.
  • Go to Views > Markers to open the Markers view, select the markers you want to delete, then press the DELETE key.

More info about markers can be found here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, devonaire45 said:

The marker I'm trying to delete has a black dot next to it and won't delete by "normal" means.  How then, please?

Can we have a screenshot of what you are seeing.

What version of Cakewalk?  Define "normal" means.

The black dot is indicating which marker is to the left of the NOW

Edited by Promidi