I Unsubscribed From the Musician's Friend Email List!

Reid Rosefelt

About 10,000 emails ago, I started to get annoyed.  🤬 But I just let them go on and on, even though I usually delete them without reading them.  Sometimes they are written by unfamilar names, like Fred Faderble and Agnes Patoot, and that distracts me and causes me to open them before I delete. Whoever handles their spam strategy is sly.

But I thought about it, and decided I had enough, so today I  cut them loose, despite the fact that Musician's Friend is still my favorite place to buy hardware.  

I suppose I'll still find out about the best deals here. 😀

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

About 10,000 emails ago, I started to get annoyed.  🤬 But I just let them go on and on, even though I usually delete them without reading them.  Sometimes they are written by unfamilar names, like Fred Faderble and Agnes Patoot, and that distracts me and causes me to open them before I delete. Whoever handles their spam strategy is sly.

But I thought about it, and decided I had enough, so today I  cut them loose, despite the fact that Musician's Friend is still my favorite place to buy hardware.  

You will indeed!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Funny to read this. I just made the same decision a few days ago. Free as a bird. And gently beckoned by the King. 

• Like 5

I just unsubscribed from a bunch of stuff. I check here all the time so I was literally just deleting all the emails without reading them. What a waste of time.

I recently signed up for a UA mailing list because it was a requirement for a contest they were having. They started sending 3 emails A DAY! It's like they want people to unsubscribe. Once a week at the most makes sense to me. Anything more is abusive.

• Like 2

I'm interested to know why they still email codes to my paypal email but not to the email my account is registered to. I constantly get discount codes on PP one but it's like crickets on the other.

I'm also annoyed that they are trying to be Sweetwater lately with the personal reps but they've changed mine like 8 times in the last 6 months. I'm guessing it's a crap place to work and they can't keep employees.

Sweetwater.  Ugh.  

They call and talk to me like a long lost buddy that I owe  for a bar tab or something, then when I get annoyed and say "Sorry, who the hell is this?", they reply "It's Biff over at Sweetwater.  You bought a dozen drumsticks on sale for 99¢ from us and I'm just wondering how they're working out for ya?"....

I can help but think "they wouldn't do it if it didn't work".  

I don't mind the junk mail so much, other than for my often luke warmer than they should be eco concerns.  

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, e-cue said:

Sweetwater.  Ugh.  

They call and talk to me like a long lost buddy that I owe  for a bar tab or something, then when I get annoyed and say "Sorry, who the hell is this?", they reply "It's Biff over at Sweetwater.  You bought a dozen drumsticks on sale for 99¢ from us and I'm just wondering how they're working out for ya?"....

I can help but think "they wouldn't do it if it didn't work".  

I don't mind the junk mail so much, other than for my often luke warmer than they should be eco concerns.  

Haha! Sweetwater. Totally agree, but hands down better experience dealing with them than MF lately.  SW should have a "no call" list.