FREE MCharmVerb released

Michael Docy

Watched the video - Lots of pops and drop outs?

I will probably try it out, but if it sounds like the video (pops etc.)  I'll just get rid of it.   I'm hoping it was just his set up because it looks interesting.

Just my observation.

Syphus

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mesh said:

Thanks Chandler, it's much appreciated. Every time I see your vids I say to myself 'I gotta give Melda's stuff a good try', but then their plugins end up like rocket science. Not good for a simpleton like me. :P

Quick comment - Melda's plugins typically have a lot of loaded presets, and anyone in the community can submit more (you can download community-generated presets from the preset page, but be wary uploading unless you intend to - they warn about banning people from doing so if they upload too many nonsensical presets). *Most* plugins also have an "easy screen" by default, which includes the primary parameters important to the plugin. Unless you need to fine-tune something, it is often easiest to find a close preset and work on the easy screen (that will cover most use cases, probably 90% or better). The edit screen exposes the whole gambit, so that can definitely be intimidating; however, if you start with a close preset, you can also easily see what elements are being used in a given preset and tweak from there. Not all plugins fall into the Easy Screen/Edit Mode layout, but most do.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Syphus said:

Watched the video - Lots of pops and drop outs?

I will probably try it out, but if it sounds like the video (pops etc.)  I'll just get rid of it.   I'm hoping it was just his set up because it looks interesting.

Those pops and dropouts are the PC itself, not the plugin.   Remember, he's screen recording a PC session at the same time as running his DAW as well as the plugins.  Under these circumstances, you have to expect the odd pop and drop out.

I can assure you that the plugin itself does not produce those pops and dropouts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mesh said:

Thanks Chandler, it's much appreciated. Every time I see your vids I say to myself 'I gotta give Melda's stuff a good try', but then their plugins end up like rocket science. Not good for a simpleton like me. :P

That's why you subscribe to his channel.   They have lifetime free updates.  You can spend the rest of your life learning them without paying anymore.  I'm a fan of the bland GUIs. 

2 minutes ago, Chandler said:

Thanks everyone. The pops are my PC, not the plugin. The plugins aren't even that CPU heavy, but recording 1080p video takes a lot of CPU and caused drop outs. In a few weeks I'll be getting a new computer, so hopefully that will stop.

Just wondering if you are using a graphics card that uses its hardware to do that actual capturing and encoding (Like NVENC on the GTX650 and up cards).  There is also free recording software that utilise NVENC and can Capture sound via ASIO inputs.

What I do is I have two ASIO devices - one is used by the DAW and the other is used by the video Capture software.  I route the signals via an external mixer's AUX outputs.