vocal track disappears when exporting audio as MP3

RICHARD HUTCHINS

Try this:

- Create a new track named 'Master Bounce' that routes directly to Main Outs (i.e. parallel to the Master bus), and group its mute button in opposition with the Master bus mute.

- With nothing selected, Bounce to Tracks to the Master Bounce track with Source = Buses,  and only the Master bus highlighted.

- Unmute that track, and play it.  If it sounds right, export that track as MP3.

24 minutes ago, RICHARD HUTCHINS said:

Actually I've just realised I dont really understand the first reply! Say what again?

The goal is just to create a 'Master' track within the project that renders the Master bus output to a  WAV file, just to make sure you don't have a routing issue within the project or some problem with your export options that's causing the vocal to be dropped.

Assuming everything is currently routed to your interface hardware output via a Master bus:

- Insert > Audio Track

- Double-click the track name and rename it 'Master Bounce'.

- Expand the track header, and change the Output assignment to go directly to your audio interface/soundcard output.

- Ctrl+Shift+A to de-select everything.

- Tracks > Bounce to Track(s)...

- In the bounce dialog, select Master Bounce as the Destination, change the Source Category to Buses, highlight only the Master bus, and OK.

- Mute the Master bus (grouping in opposition with Master Bounce is not immediately necessary - just a convenience for toggling between the bounce and the 'live' mix later).

- Start playback, and verify the vocal is present in the Master Bounce.

- If so, stop playback, select that track's number, and File > Export > Audio > Files of type: MP3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I have the same problem with the bass and drum track, but only when I just want to export the chorus of my song.
When I export the entire length of the song it works just fine and has bass and drum included.
It's puzzling and I don't complain about free software.
Since I only need to export the chorus so a singer knows the melody and can record her version for me, I just export the entire thing and cut out the chorus in another software.