SampleTank 4 Max Crashing

GroverKen

I've updated both Bandlab (Feb 2020) and SampleTank 4 (4.0.9) to the latest versions. Both VST and VST3 versions of Sampletank are crashing after about 2 minutes of use. Anyone else having this issue? I'm going to have to revisit a project (of several songs) I started back in November 2019 which uses SampleTank a lot and don't want to be held up with it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Update - I reinstalled SampleTank 4.0.8 and find that the VST3 crashes immediately but the VST2 seems OK. Still gives me the problem of opening the projects (a lot) using VST3 instances.

Edited by GroverKen

Sampletank 4 crashes can often be a fault of video card drivers.  Sampletank uses OpenGL for it's UI and that is controlled by your video card driver.

The other common Sampletank problem is due to versions of the Microsoft C/C++ Runtime.  This can be a bit of a tricky subject though.  You may need to update a bunch of versions to get everything right.

Sampletank may also be using some Intel math libraries (that are shared) which again can cause some issues (depending on what CPU you are using).  (I seem to remember yelling at IK over this in the past but my memory on this is pretty hazy ).  The solutions to those problems are a lot harder to pin down (developers are supposed to ship the libraries, there aren't practical stand alone installers for end users).  Usually re-installing Sampletank should fix this.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Sampletank 4 crashes can often be a fault of video card drivers. 

Matthew, I think you may be onto something there...

On my DAW PC I use the basic integrated Intel HD graphics, with drivers supported by my CPU and chipset/motherboard. Rarely see any unexplained  app or plugin crashes described by others. I have often wondered if graphics driver incompatibilities could be at the root of some of those  issues...

• 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, Chris Kringel said:

I'm having the same issue. 

I've had no problems until February of 2023. Not sure if it was a cakewalk or sampletank update.

Is that a typo or are you visiting from the future?   Or, maybe since this thread is over 2 years old, you lost a couple of years due to the pandemic?  Ho! Ho! Ho! 

Edited by User 905133
  • Haha 2