Boz Digital Mongoose

cclarry

27 minutes ago, antler said:

Could you use the imager in Ozone to achieve this, or does Mongoose have something special?

The only similar thing the stereo widening.  Mongoose lets you monoize the low frequncies AND widen. I like being able to "solo" each of the frequencies as you're dialing it in. Clean, easy to use, no nonsense UI.

1 hour ago, locrian said:

I use the Ozone Imager on my 2-bus for exactly this purpose and it works great.

Ozone will spread out the width of all frequencies when used.

Mongoose was developed to center the Bass while then getting the freedom to spread out (add width) to anything above a cross over frequency .

I like the Ozone Imager, but IMO the Mongoose is far more  useful in the bus.    Limiting the bass at whatever cuttof you want to the "center" of the mix is game changing.  Ozone does to stereo widening very well, but I don't want the bass wider in the image, I want that to stay put (or even collapse) most of the time.   

7 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Ozone will spread out the width of all frequencies when used.

Mongoose was developed to center the Bass while then getting the freedom to spread out (add width) to anything above a cross over frequency .

I like the Ozone Imager, but IMO the Mongoose is far more  useful in the bus.    Limiting the bass at whatever cuttof you want to the "center" of the mix is game changing.  Ozone does to stereo widening very well, but I don't want the bass wider in the image, I want that to stay put (or even collapse) most of the time.

You can also narrow the stereo image using Ozone Imager.

In fact, you can specify *any* width you like (in four separate bands) from -100 (mono) to 0 (normal) to +100 (wide).

image.thumb.png.607b0e7725241e4cd61d1686bf6a613f.png

• Like 1

Ah yes, of course Ozone would have the frequency ranges - they'd do it right. All I have is the free Ozone Imager which doesn't allow for the frequency bands...  

So $19 for Mongoose.  How much for Ozone 9 Advanced?  🤔

PS. The Wall is another plugin on my mixbus for the exact same reasons as Mongoose - clean, easy to use, no nonsense UI.

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

For bass centering I bought NuGen's  years ago. I have the others mentioned but still use MF, it just works & works great.

BTW I just found out there an issue with VST3 Boz plugins if you're using them Cubase. They don't always bypass the fx when rendering & disabling them.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

10 hours ago, locrian said:

You can also narrow the stereo image using Ozone Imager.

In fact, you can specify *any* width you like (in four separate bands) from -100 (mono) to 0 (normal) to +100 (wide).

image.thumb.png.607b0e7725241e4cd61d1686bf6a613f.png

Ozone Imager is a standalone free plugin, and is what I assuemd you were discussing.   https://www.izotope.com/en/products/ozone-imager.html

Yes, the very expensive Ozone Advanced (which includes an Imager module that is "advanced" will do the same type of thing and then some.    For about 20 times the cost. 

Edited by Brian Walton

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Ozone Imager is a standalone free plugin, and is what I assuemd you were discussing.   https://www.izotope.com/en/products/ozone-imager.html

Yes, the very expensive Ozone Advanced (which includes an Imager module that is "advanced" will do the same type of thing and then some.    For about 20 times the cost. 

The plugin I mentioned (part of the Ozone 8 suite) is also called Imager. I was responding to someone who asked if they could use the Imager in Ozone, so I assumed they meant the full version.

Izotope should give the free version a different name like Imager SE or Little Imager (like SoundToys). Cheers...

2 hours ago, locrian said:

The plugin I mentioned (part of the Ozone 8 suite) is also called Imager. I was responding to someone who asked if they could use the Imager in Ozone, so I assumed they meant the full version.

Izotope should give the free version a different name like Imager SE or Little Imager (like SoundToys). Cheers...

True.

Ozone elements has Imager as well but functions like the "free" version.