Is The Update Safe?

Johnbee58

On 2/2/2019 at 7:24 PM, John said:

Because being free and no cost to the user downloading it seems to me the very best way to see if it will work on one's system.  No need to try a demo just do it. Also the nature of the question implies a wish for others to do the testing.  That is fine if stated that way but it bothers me a little when its implied. 

You're being a bit uppity here, aren't you?  First of all, unlike you, I'm NOT always in the middle of a project.  Sometimes after I finish one I can go weeks and weeks in between.  But when I'm in the middle of one I don't want to find myself dealing with a DAW that doesn't load or has developed other bugs that impede it's functionality.  If I see others having  issues (as I saw with this particular update) I hold off until my current project is finished.  THEN I DO THE "TESTING" MYSELF!

Also, who in the hell said anything about a DEMO?!   I've been using Cakewalk by Bandlab since April 2018.  The issue is an UPDATE!

Free or not, a DAW that suddenly doesn't function well (because of a new bug or whatever) is useless at least until the bug is fixed.

I just wanted to make myself clear.  Sorry if I offended your sensitivities.  Thank you for all your useful contributions to the cause.

JB

Edited by Johnbee58
  • Like 1

I have not had any issue with the updates but I haven't yet worked out a satisfactory way to do them. I update the laptop connected to the net and then steal the update to apply to my offline computer. This has worked well but now I am getting confused about what was the last update I applied to the offline computer, I hope I don't miss one and then try to update it with the wrong update.