Introducing triad pairs on Guitar

kennywtelejazz

Hi Mesh ,

Yes ! The Soul Scale exercises for  Improvisation  is a very  good  lesson  . 

The info  in  The Soul Scale exercises for  Improvisation  are bite sized  and  easy to remember while practicing away from the computer ....

I spent a good deal of my time practicing the concepts of this video yesterday while I was looking around at some of the other videos he has  up on his u tube .

I did notice throughout the video I heard a little G Benson in there + some really hip country rock type of sounds  in the Guitar playing ... This I heard when it went into the extended octave practice ..

Great stuff , a real  nice  easy way to bump up the chops and have new things to practice and learn on the guitar .

Thanks for posting the videos you have posted so far in this thread  ...I'm into it ..

all the best,

Kenny

On 2/28/2020 at 4:53 PM, Gswitz said:

The personality out the amp shows more with the regular cable. More expressive.

But for rhythm work or amp Sims it's cool.

Hmmm, Interesting

On 2/28/2020 at 5:02 PM, Gswitz said:

How do you fix a crackly channel in a tube amp, @kennywtelejazz?

A few  of my tube amps have exhibited those symptoms  ...in my case I put up with it long enough to pick up some electronic cleaner and eventually I will take the amp out of the chassis / enclosure  to spray   and clean everything I can ...work the knobs and  switches and check all connections 

I guess to have it done right you may need to take it to a tech and have them go through the whole amp ...clean the pots , re tube and change the old capacitors...

Kenny

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 5:02 PM, Gswitz said:

How do you fix a crackly channel in a tube amp, @kennywtelejazz?

Since Kenny's already added his answer, I thought I'd add this:

Sometimes, there's just some oxidation or a build-up of tiny bits of junk in the jacks.  So, for these (and other pieces of gear, especially patch-bays!), try using a strip of the following very light-grade sand paper (2" x 2" works).  Just roll the strip up into a small tube that will just fit into the jack (abrasive side out Kanye...), then softly spin the tube to help get the insides of the jack nice and clean.  Finish with a bit of canned air.

3m-drywall-sanding-tools-5926-18-cc-64_1

• Like 1

I think it must be the tubes.. My friend has a regular Fender champ and a moded one. He likes to run moog synths through them. The moded one now arbitrarily makes noise when you play through it.

I have a fender deville 4x10. I play it using a rock crusher attenuator most of the time. It gets so hot you can smell it. You can get different odd sounds sometimes when you run the tubes that hot often. I'll never go back though. It makes me wonder how often big stage musicians change tubes. Do they let their amps cool completely before moving them? What's different about how to keep your amp working when you really drive it all the time?

I will say we drive those champs hard too. We crank them up until the break up.

Thanks for the suggestions to clean pots, Jacks, etc. I do that. 

On the moded champ we can get it to work pretty well on one of the two input channels. The other one sounds awful. Does that help pinpoint the issue?

I should make a video. 😃

Edited by Gswitz

8 hours ago, Gswitz said:

I think it must be the tubes.. My friend has a regular Fender champ and a moded one. He likes to run moog synths through them. The moded one now arbitrarily makes noise when you play through it.

I have a fender deville 4x10. I play it using a rock crusher attenuator most of the time. It gets so hot you can smell it. You can get different odd sounds sometimes when you run the tubes that hot often. I'll never go back though. It makes me wonder how often big stage musicians change tubes. Do they let their amps cool completely before moving them? What's different about how to keep your amp working when you really drive it all the time?

I will say we drive those champs hard too. We crank them up until the break up.

Thanks for the suggestions to clean pots, Jacks, etc. I do that. 

On the moded champ we can get it to work pretty well on one of the two input channels. The other one sounds awful. Does that help pinpoint the issue?

I should make a video. 😃

I've only played roadie a few times for friend's bands, but the trick is to have multiple heads ready (just not on).  Only Yngwie would probably use ALL of that he brought! LOL! 😆

Notice that more than one are hooked up in this Foghat pic, but two are just looking pretty:

foghat.jpg

Today’s practice will be Bbm7b5 to E7 alt to , of course, Am6. 
I’m using same fingerings for the the chord forms and subbing them where they function as minor 7b5 altered dominant and minor 6 in a I V I in minor where I do the backing tracks. When I finish the backing track and satisfied with it it’s deleted and I jam out an improvised chord solo using quarrel harmony using C melodic minor for Bm7 b5.  F melodic minor for E7 alt and  A melodic minor for the I chord. 
If anyone wants me to post a visual of the chord forms I’m using for reference I will

29 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Why not just  put up a clip of your playing ? you can always pull it down long after the thread is gone

Kenny

Good I idea. I thought about it and even asked if anyone wanted me to but no one said they did I forgot about it