SOLVED Midi Track sometimes does not trigger vst instrument.

Michael Warren

Just started happening. I’ll work on piece and can play back entire composition hearing all parts. I’ll then go to solo one track, Midi meters show activity, but plugin instrument not sounding or indicating vol. or midi  activity. If I hit play, all tracks work. One other puzzle is that if I have 10 bars of strings, go to PRV screen and enter additional notes, they are displyed in a different color and do not sound on entry or playback. It’s starting to get extremely frustrating when most of my composition time is spent trying to figure out bugs instead of being creative. I don’t want to learn a new DAW,  but quickly losing confidence in Cakewalk.

i7 3.40 mghz

24 gb of memory 

1 tb ssd and 1tb sata.

w10 pro.

Again, just started happening. I did roll back to previous update with same problem

Edited by Michael Warren
Solved Problem

Solved.

The Miroslav Philharmonik 2 appears as 3 different times used as plugin. 2.1, 2.2, 2.3. The string family individual outputs should all go to the same instance of Philharmonik. Somehow they ended up going to different instances. Don’t ask me why. I only use one instance  and then populate to different channels in the one plugin. Yesterday, everything was perfect, and today outputs scrambled to nonexistent instances of Miroslav. Changed all outputs to the only instance and everything working properly.