tittittittittittittittittittittittittit

ABull

On 2/17/2020 at 4:37 PM, mcmd said:

Really liked it!  Solid melody,  arrangement and musicianship. The snare might be a tad harsh to my ears, but really nothing major. Well done!

Hey, thank you for listening and commenting -- I'm glad ya like it~~Allan.

On 2/18/2020 at 3:19 AM, Paul Bush said:

Yes , loved this one,  right up my street,  it had a  joe jackson , squeeze  sort od feel to it .production was gtreat 

Hey Paul, thanks for listening & commenting mate--glad ya like the song~~Allan.

Allan;

After listening to your song several times, I must say that I like it, but small nit is the second time you repeat "today" and sustain it. The harmony in the vocals sounds a bit off.  Maybe this is what you're trying to accomplish in an artistic sense, but it does sound a bit chaotic to my ears.  It's a good song though and a great production otherwise, but if it were my song, I'd tighten up the harmony there just a bit.  But again, if it's artistic choice for effect I respect that.

😉John B

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2020 at 4:39 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

Cool song - the chorus has a 60's retro vibe to it. I liked the tone of your lead vocal - what mic did you use on this?

Overall the mix sounded quite good to my ears.

Hi Douglas, that's my one and only mic -- the sm57.  Glad ya like the song -- thanks~~Allan.

On 2/20/2020 at 4:31 AM, garybrun said:

Nice Allan...  trying to work out whom your voice reminds me off.
Little bit of the Stranglers I think.

Hey Gary, can't say I hear that but I'll take the compliment :)   I'm not a huge fan of The Stranglers songwriting and I'm not overly familiar with them but I've heard a bunch of their music that I've liked -- esp. JJ's roaring bass and those proggy keys~~Allan.

13 hours ago, ABull said:

Hey Gary, can't say I hear that but I'll take the compliment :)  I'm not a huge fan of The Stranglers songwriting and I'm not overly familiar with them but I've heard a bunch of their music that I've liked -- esp. JJ's roaring bass and those proggy keys~~Allan.

Cool For cats...  came to mind a little also Thomas Dolby

Edited by garybrun
  • Great Idea 1

On 2/22/2020 at 5:28 AM, Johnbee58 said:

Allan;

After listening to your song several times, I must say that I like it, but small nit is the second time you repeat "today" and sustain it. The harmony in the vocals sounds a bit off.  Maybe this is what you're trying to accomplish in an artistic sense, but it does sound a bit chaotic to my ears.  It's a good song though and a great production otherwise, but if it were my song, I'd tighten up the harmony there just a bit.  But again, if it's artistic choice for effect I respect that.

😉John B

Hi John, thanks for the tip -- I'm pleased you listened a few times and that you like the song--much appreciated mate~~Allan.

I enjoyed the retro sound this has. Even though it has a 60's Beatles vibe to it I pick up clearly on the individuality in it as well. The mix is subjective and i might have done a few thing you did differently. I will let it at that because one isn't better than the other in this case. That 60's music wasn't made the same as modern music.

• Great Idea 1

On 2/26/2020 at 4:51 PM, garybrun said:

Cool For cats...  came to mind a little also Thomas Dolby

Yeah, Squeeze were/are a great band aren't they? -- some wonderful songs.  And Tilbrook is such an underrated guitar player -- fluid and melodic.

On 2/24/2020 at 8:58 PM, freddy j said:

Nice one Allan.  I also think that this does have a bit of a Joe Jackson feel.  Any way it is well put together - good performance, arrangement etc.  with good vocals and harmonies.  Well done!

Why thanks Freddy -- I'm pleased that you like it~~Allan.

On 2/29/2020 at 10:24 PM, Starise said:

I enjoyed the retro sound this has. Even though it has a 60's Beatles vibe to it I pick up clearly on the individuality in it as well. The mix is subjective and i might have done a few thing you did differently. I will let it at that because one isn't better than the other in this case. That 60's music wasn't made the same as modern music.

Hey, I'm glad you like the song -- thanks for listening & commenting~~Allan.

On 2/24/2020 at 4:37 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

I should have know it was an sm57 - there's a reason it's been around forever😀

Yeah, and they last a long time -- I've had mine for years and it gets a lot of use -- and oh yeah, I use the mic a lot too~~Allan.