"Waltz In D" (Viola and Piano)

Larry Graham Alexander

Hi Larry , you are such a clever fella, I like all of your stuff ...... its just so good , I wrote a song with just piano , drums , bass, orchestra   and a vocal , as I´m in no way a pianist it was  O.K  but didnt fullfill its potential  , the strings were  just the same chords as the piano and didnt weave in and out of the melody as they should .so listening to you  gives lots of ideas on how I can improve .cheers paul DB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Larry Graham Alexander said:

Nah.  Piece of cake.  :)

Maybe for you. I tried my hand at something different from the usual rock rhythm section stuff I usually do a few years ago and it was a struggle. Here it is on YouTube.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chappel said:

Maybe for you. I tried my hand at something different from the usual rock rhythm section stuff I usually do a few years ago and it was a struggle. Here it is on YouTube.

14 minutes ago, Chappel said:

Not bad at all.  It is a bit lengthy, but otherwise it is interesting and creative.

I admire your ability to do the You Tube bit.  I have never tried doing visuals.

Maybe I can learn some video techniques from you...if you can teach and old dog new tricks.

Keep up the good work.

Larry Graham Alexander

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Larry Graham Alexander said:

Not bad at all.  It is a bit lengthy, but otherwise it is interesting and creative.

I admire your ability to do the You Tube bit.  I have never tried doing visuals.

Maybe I can learn some video techniques from you...if you can teach and old dog new tricks.

Keep up the good work.

Larry Graham Alexander

Thanks. I'm far from being knowledgeable about making videos, though I'm always happy to act like I am. I used Corel VideoStudio 12 to string together the photos I had taken on my trip to Bodie and the audio from my Cakewalk project. The video software did all the work and was pretty easy to use. Of course, the new stuff is probably much better these days. All I had to do was import the photos into the video software and adjust how long a picture would show before the next image appeared so the video matched the duration of the audio. Then I exported the project into a video file which I then uploaded to YouTube. I never even considered how long the audio track would be because, in my mind, I was telling a story about the ghosts of Bodie waking up because of the noisy tourists, coming out to play, and then going back to rest. It all made sense in my head, anyway. Pioneer graveyards always bring out the romantic in me.

• Thanks 1