Minimum loop lenght

Andrzej Salm

I will never understand why the minimum loop length has been increased. Back in the early Sonar days I could highlight a short sample and loop it to for instance check the levels of that particular kick or snare hit. Or loop a single note of a recording so I can find it on the fretboard on my bass. Now I cannot do it.

Revert it to what it was, please. It was a vital feature for me, it's completely ruined now for no apparent reason.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chuckebaby said:

I have no idea what you mean, minimum loop requirements haven't changed recently. you can still loop any part you want.

Try turning off Snap and zooming in on the timeline for tight spots.

Nope, you can´t. I disable Snap, select a small snippet of audio, press CTL+L and it selects an eighth note length for looping, ignoring my selection. If I enter the values manually in the Loop selection module, as soon as I set one, it changes the other to make the selection larger. From what I see here, Andy is right. I don´t really loop this short, so I had not noticed, but unless we are missing something very obvious, there is a limitation.

• Like 1