Multidock Question

Astraios

Hi there,

I always wonder why (shortcut) "Multidock on/off" doesn't work in mixer mode, even this option is shown under global shortcuts (in editor)? Often it would be handy to use multidock in mixer mode.
Also toggle "next/previous register" doesn't seem to work when multidock is active in mixer mode.

Can somebody confirm this?

greetings from Berlin

30 minutes ago, Grem said:

What are you meaning "Mixer Mode"? Is this a Lens that you use?

Reason I ask is when you view the mixer it opens in the multi dock, so I am not understanding what you mean when you say the multidock won't work in mixer mode.

Thx for return, Michael 😊

Maybe this foto can help understand my item

Multidock.PNG.7ee96dbb2ad864fded2a9ae30b3cddb0.PNG

2 hours ago, Astra-Ios said:

Thx for return, Michael 😊

I mean regular Mixer View. (Console View)

I can't start Multidock (Floating Mode) in Console View  if it is assigned to a shortcut...

Maybe this foto helps understanding my item.

Multidock.PNG.7ee96dbb2ad864fded2a9ae30b3cddb0.PNG

Edited by Astra-Ios

I see what your talking about now. For the English version of CbB I use the D key to open and close the multidock. Shift+D maximizes/minimizes the Multodock.

Not sure what that is saying, can't read it. But can you unbind the shortcut? Is that option available?

Is Mixer View a Workspace? If so, that keybinding maybe part of that Workspace. I don't use Workspace so I am not familiar with how it works.

But I do use Multidock a lot. Love the multidock.

• Thanks 1

Using the Mix Workspace [supplied with Cakewalk], I assigned Ctrl+W to Show/Hide MultiDock. I usually use D.

It worked to toggle (Show/Hide) the MultiDock.

image.png.7fe3bb675e96156cc2af5d1f3ba7e087.png

UPDATE: I am not sure how I did it, but I changed settings so the Show/Hide MultiDock does not work with a shortcut. Also, there are no dock/undock options on the MultiDock itself.

image.png.19260094706e81d8b581803a35691ec5.png

Found how I did it. In the MultiDock, I closed all tabs using the little X on the tab.  To get it back, I switched to a different Workspace.

I am not sure if Console View = Mixer Mode, but if so, I hope this helps.

image.png.8abaac6b9098d657e2c7d2c9f61beb42.png

Edited by User 905133
to add an update
  • Great Idea 1

It would be helpful to have a screenshot showing how your views are configured. Assuming from the description that you have the Console undocked, I did a quick check, and the multidock open/close shortcut only worked when the undocked Console View was floating (the default when first undocked), but then you wouldn't see the dock opening and closing if the console is maximized because it's part of the main application window that will be hidden behind a maximized Console .  If floating is disabled, the standard 'D' shortcut stops working.  ButPrev/Next Measure shortcuts work in either mode for me so I'm not sure what that's about, though another user menitoned having the same problem recently.

• Thanks 1

Hi David,

Thank you for your answer.

Okay, i'll send a picture of my console circumstance.

I only can minimize the multidock using Windows 10 shortcut --> Win+Down.

Can't bring it up again with my dedicated shortcut (in Track Pane View, no prob with that)

Also it's not possible to switch through the Register Synths (back or forth with the appropriate shortcuts )  like I can do in Trackpane  View.

919091302_ConsoleView.thumb.PNG.5d325fddc7d2bae9b07c1fe51d21387e.PNG

these four symbols  at the top of my multidog 🙀? belong to "Actual Title Buttons" software, which doesn't bother the functionality not at all... so when I disable the software it's the same

Edited by Astra-Ios