SOLVED: Edited BASIC cwt not saving....

pax-eterna

Editing the "basic.cwt" template, but this Sonar is not saving it correctly. I am trying to have the track list as "ALL" and not  "Workspace" and the console removed from the Multi-dock. However, now matter how many times I over-write and re-save the basic.cwt, those things always get loaded with basic.cwt

I want it as basic as I want this to be loaded when Sonar starts, and I have that option checked in prefs as well. Version 2020.1 build 28

Edited by pax-eterna

I think Workspaces needs to be set to None for this to get saved correctly. That's  how I save my project templates. And they have certain options off (such as Smart Grid....ugh!) and minimal trks and such.

I also save my template with certain Screen Sets setup the way I want. That way I am always working the same way in all projects.

Edited by Grem

Actually there is no option for "none"?? All there is is ALL - CUSTOM - FX - I/O

And also, I have Pro Channel view open, not closed and this also defaults back to closed, even though saved....I am starting to think something got broken in the latets update, perhaps?

Ok so here's an interesting thing I just noticed, my preferred option DOES load, briefly (about 1 second) then the Sonar default workspace one over-rides it and loads?!

Edited by pax-eterna
more info

I struggled with similar stuff - overlapping things in workspaces on top right on workspace, not the track control manager on top of track panel.

Most predictable result I get was to open workspace manager, and on right side uncheck everything but Control Bar.

Then custom command module also stays the same between projects.

The the rest is governed by screensets saved with your projects, unless you do import thingy from another project.

With screen sets also my own track control panel is there etc.

If I get your issue, that is.....

I think it's saving - just overruled by workspaces/lenses thingy that overlaps other things you think is ruling.

So I did my trick there.

That could be seen as nothing saves - workspaces runs the joint.

No matter what I did I could not get screensets to be predictable - stuff in workspaces override.

I believe LarsF is right as I recently had a similar situation that had never occurred until a recent update. I setup the screen like I wanted and created a new workplace called "my workplace". Now when I open a project, and with "my workplace" in effect, everything is like I want it.

Edited by DalaiTom
clarity

Thanks for the image BJ, I was looking (as I have done in the past and it always worked!!) at the drop down menu just to the right of the time box in your pic...where is says custom. This is where in the past I just selected all, then saved the .cwt . That apparently does not work anymore, but the NONE in that upper right dropdown did! So thanks :)