PA Flash Sale - Bx_Focusrite Console

cclarry

28 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Add a cheap plugin that will give you the min spend...

Thanks, Larry, but I don't want to spend even $1 more than I would need if I have $25 voucher...

But anyway I would need to add something with price at least $25

1 of penalties for spending more than $300 last year is $75 limit... 

So PA limit concept sounds just like 'the more you spent per year the more you are forced to spend to have usable voucher.' 

I would add 'but don't be afraid you will not be provided with such good deals as for $25 voucher owners anyway...'

I am also really tired with looking for tricks to be able to buy something in prices like I have spent much less at their shop... And buying random plugins or those I have already bought...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

Thanks, Larry, but I don't want to spend even $1 more than I would need if I have $25 voucher...

1 of penalties for spending more than $300 last year is $75 limit... 

So PA limit concept sounds just like 'the more you spent per year the more you are forced to spend to have usable voucher.' 

I would add 'but don't be afraid you will not be provided with such good deals as for $25 voucher owners anyway...'

I am also really tired with looking for tricks to be able to buy something in prices like I have spent much less at their shop... And buying random plugins or those I have already bought...

You need to look at it as getting whatever you add as a "Freebie".
If you had a $25 voucher, you would STILL spend $25 on this  Since you 
have a $50 and need to spend $75, you would STILL only be paying
the $25 and get another plugin to boot...just my 2 cents worth...

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Piotr said:

I know it's frustrating - but sometimes you gotta work within the system.

The focusrite is a good plugin IMO,

You could get that plus something like:

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/unfiltered_audio_sandman.html  - which is pretty good - or get one of the cheap lindell plugs ? and it will only cost $29

Think of it this way - you got the Focusrite for $29 with the other plugin for free :) - that would be a great deal, ignoring the irritating voucher limits. Shame to miss out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just tried the demo of the Focusrite Console and noticed that I needed to dial-in some very large EQ gains compared to what I would typically use with other console emulations.  Also the compressor is the least transparent of any that I've ever used.

This is the first time that I've used a Focusrite Console and am wondering if this is normal or if I'm doing something wrong.

I should mention that in the end I did managed to get something fairly decent sounding, but was surprised by the settings I had to use to get it.

2 hours ago, locrian said:

I just tried the demo of the Focusrite Console and noticed that I needed to dial-in some very large EQ gains compared to what I would typically use with other console emulations.  Also the compressor is the least transparent of any that I've ever used.

This is the first time that I've used a Focusrite Console and am wondering if this is normal or if I'm doing something wrong.

I should mention that in the end I did managed to get something fairly decent sounding, but was surprised by the settings I had to use to get it.

Transparent doesn't always mean better. Also turning knobs relatively high or low is typical for analog gear. Sometimes to sound good you have to go to extremes on some mixers. If you like the sound, unusually high numbers are OK.

33 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Transparent doesn't always mean better. Also turning knobs relatively high or low is typical for analog gear. Sometimes to sound good you have to go to extremes on some mixers. If you like the sound, unusually high numbers are OK.

I agree -- high EQ numbers are OK.  I just applied this to a second mix and the results are really *fantastic* -- very musical. I like the EQ on this thing better than the Maag EQ4 (which has been my goto character EQ until now).

However the compressor is truly bizare -- I've tried it on a few things and it makes everything sound bad. Then again I thought the same thing about the (Waves) SSL Comp within the console. However as a stand-alone plugin it's great and is used often.

The deesser on this thing seems like it could be used in the expander mode to add some vibe to a mix; and this is easy to do given the ability to listen to the frequency you want to hype.

Overall it's definitely worth $25.

Cheers...

7 hours ago, simon said:

I know it's frustrating - but sometimes you gotta work within the system.

The focusrite is a good plugin IMO,

You could get that plus something like:

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/unfiltered_audio_sandman.html  - which is pretty good - or get one of the cheap lindell plugs ? and it will only cost $29

Think of it this way - you got the Focusrite for $29 with the other plugin for free :) - that would be a great deal, ignoring the irritating voucher limits. Shame to miss out.

Thanks Simon, the thing is I have already got most of PA plugins and don't want pay even $1 for that redundancy I don't need, or random plugin I just don't want it is still wasting money and what's is more important and so frustrating worse deal comparing to those having $25 (I could just not to buy anything in December and still have $25 voucher).

I had harder fight on January because I wanted purple77 very strongly and had impression (but maybe wrong) at a moment I could combine it with something I didn't have yet but realized I didn't want to pay for any plugin what I didn't really like ...

EDIT: most of those I wanted to have at any moment ;)

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cclarry said:

You need to look at it as getting whatever you add as a "Freebie".
If you had a $25 voucher, you would STILL spend $25 on this  Since you 
have a $50 and need to spend $75, you would STILL only be paying
the $25 and get another plugin to boot...just my 2 cents worth...

Yep, I hear you. But first thing there is no such option to get as good deal as like having $25 voucher...

The only closest possibility is to combine focusrite with $29 plugin what in total will give $28.99 against $24.99 so you need to pay $4 more comparing if you have $25V.

It is not a lot you could say but still psychologically makes me very uncomfortable and frustrated. Yep I did it in the past, many times, have several licenses of tuner which is in fact not used by me (so many better alternatives)

But hey, we (I mean mostly you ;) are publishing deals here which are differing sometimes several cents (EP against JRR or AD or something else), right?   :)

And Larry, you underestimate  me, I am at next level of GAS and not getting 'freebie' which cost more than $0 ;)

Maybe another explanation is I am tired of that approach... Tricking, sneaking, trash collecting, etc...

I would like just to buy, fast, quick and be appreciated by manufacturer if I buy more... Not discriminated but appreciated ;)

• Like 2