Man Makes Noise The Lobby Piano (for Omnisphere 2.5) - Intro deal extended!

Tapsa Kuusniemi

In honor of getting the Top Pick from Sample Library Review the intro offer of 35€ (excluding VAT) will be continue for 10 days until the 10th of March! After that the full price will be 49€ (excluding VAT).

----

I’m proud to announce my first official release with Man Makes Noise's The Lobby Piano. As this will be the first thing I release I kept pondering what should it be. And so I had a thought no sample library developer has ever had: let’s make a piano library.

I know, I know. The world really frigging doesn’t need another deep sampled piano library with a hundred microphones to choose from. So I didn’t make one. Instead I made you something very different.

The Lobby Piano is an exploration into what a piano can be. A collection of sound design piano tones ranging from experimental playing styles to completely recharged sound explorations. The Lobby Piano is at home in pretty much everything you do. It’s not really a piano anymore. Really it isn’t.

I recorded sounds from a single piano (located in a lobby, duh) with an assortment of orthodox and unorthodox methods and tools (a hammer and a keychain were involved among other items). Still this is not an effects piano nor a prepared piano. It’s a designed piano.

The Lobby Piano contains 200 patches with 296 original soundsources. The patches are divided into 13 categories that are easily identifiable within Omnisphere.

Today I tease you with the first official demo for the product composed by Stephan Baer using only sounds from the library:

The second demo to tease the library is some post rock goodness from Posthouse Tuomi. Dressed and Naked version to show The Lobby Piano in context and the sounds as they are:

Also more details about the contents on the The Lobby Piano:

ALARMS - 7 -Scream type of sounds.

ARPS - 22 - Tonal and rhythmic movements.

ATMOSPHERES - 16 - Tonal long ambient sounds.

BASIC PIANO SOUNDS - 10 - Single soundsource instruments displaying the variety of recorded sounds.

BASSES - 10 - Low end stuff.

DESIGNED - 8 - Piano + another sound combined into designed instruments.

FX - 10 - Non tonal sounds go here. Most of the riser sounds are controlled by modwheel to allow you to create the length of riser as it suits you!

HITS - 8 - Big hits.

KEYS - 43 - Layered keyboard sounds.

PADS - 35 - Long tonal pads.

PERCUSSIONS - 20 - Percussive loops and instruments.

PULSES - 6 -Rhythmic pulsing elements.

SYNTHS - 5 - Here are sounds that started as a piano, but were transformed into synth sounds outside of Omnisphere and then brought back for further mangling.

The Lobby Piano requires Omnisphere 2.5. The library will be released on Wednesday the 30th of January 2019.

I have a free set of 10 patches available at: https://www.manmakesnoise.com/freebies 

Edited by Kuusniemi
Added information and more demos.
  • Like 3

• Tapsa Kuusniemi changed the title to Man Makes Noise The Lobby Piano (for Omnisphere 2.5) is RELEASED!

The release date is here! 

https://www.manmakesnoise.com/the-lobby-piano

The Lobby Piano is now available for purchase at the intro price of 35€ (excluding VAT). The intro price will run until the end of February 2019 when the price will be 49€ (excluding VAT). 

Two new demos (one with a dressed and naked version) are up as well:

Also more details:

In addition to the Omnisphere 2.5 patches The Lobby Piano includes 20 Roomshaker sub booms in WAV format.

As a long time user of Sonar/CbB I wanted to give you guys something a little special. I may have an extra discount code for those interested in my product. Throw me message on this board and I'll share the code. And guys and gals remember, this is hush hush. ;)

Edited by Kuusniemi
Forgot the link to the product page! :D

2 minutes ago, Royal Yaksman said:

Any plans to make this for Halion or Kontakt?

At currently no. I do not own Halion and quite a bit of the patches run heavily on the granular synthesis in Omnisphere so Kontakt is not a very good host for them. I did not want to hinder the usage of the sounds by making them into long WAVs that would be run inside a Kontakt interface. I wanted the patches to have a more room for change. :)

But I have plans for other libraries that will utilize Kontakt. Actually my next one will be made for Kontakt and Battery (and it will have uncompressed WAVs as well). :) But that is another story... ;)

1 hour ago, Kuusniemi said:

At currently no. I do not own Halion and quite a bit of the patches run heavily on the granular synthesis in Omnisphere so Kontakt is not a very good host for them. I did not want to hinder the usage of the sounds by making them into long WAVs that would be run inside a Kontakt interface. I wanted the patches to have a more room for change. :)

But I have plans for other libraries that will utilize Kontakt. Actually my next one will be made for Kontakt and Battery (and it will have uncompressed WAVs as well). :) But that is another story... ;)

Okay cool. What about Reaktor? Or would that require breaking the bits apart too much and creating a sort of revealing the wizard behind the curtain scenario?

48 minutes ago, Royal Yaksman said:

Okay cool. What about Reaktor? Or would that require breaking the bits apart too much and creating a sort of revealing the wizard behind the curtain scenario?

Reaktor doesn't quite cut it. It's not really meant for this sort of thing, Reaktor isn't at it's best when dealing with samples.

There's no real magic involved, everything I've done can be seen in the patches (well except the 5 synth patches). The biggest thing is what I've recorded and what I've chosen to use as soundsources. :)

• Like 1

In honor of getting the Top Pick from Sample Library Review the intro offer of 35€ (excluding VAT) will be continue for 10 days until the 10th of March! After that the full price will be 49€ (excluding VAT).

Get it here: https://www.manmakesnoise.com/the-lobby-piano

There is also still this... ;)

As a long time user of Sonar/CbB I wanted to give you guys something a little special. I may have an extra discount code for those interested in my product. Throw me message on this board and I'll share the code. And guys and gals remember, this is hush hush.