Acoustic Samples 4 Pack

cclarry

28 minutes ago, locrian said:

I just watched a few videos, and these VIs seem very versatile and also sound good. Can any owners confirm (or deny)?

$99 for all four seems like a good deal...

The price is nothing new - bought them from a different vendor quite some time ago for the same. Never really used them much tbh, but despite this I would say that it's not a bad deal for what you get assuming that you don't already have the other higher end guitar libraries. The UVI interface can be a little flaky, nothing that prevents use, but in fairness I'm still on win 7 OS so it might be due to that as IIRC even at my time of purchase it was no longer officially supported.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, paulo said:

The price is nothing new - bought them from a different vendor quite some time ago for the same. Never really used them much tbh, but despite this I would say that it's not a bad deal for what you get assuming that you don't already have the other higher end guitar libraries. The UVI interface can be a little flaky, nothing that prevents use, but in fairness I'm still on win 7 OS so it might be due to that as IIRC even at my time of purchase it was no longer officially supported.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

I currently own the guitar VIs that came with Komplete 12 Ultimate CE, and although the sound quality is quite good, the flexibility in getting the pattern I want is poor.  So, probably like most folks, I just use them for inspiration.

And that's why I'm interested in the Acoustic Samples' VIs: they seem to allow you to create an arbitary strum/pick pattern.

Cheers...

18 hours ago, locrian said:

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

I currently own the guitar VIs that came with Komplete 12 Ultimate CE, and although the sound quality is quite good, the flexibility in getting the pattern I want is poor.  So, probably like most folks, I just use them for inspiration.

And that's why I'm interested in the Acoustic Samples' VIs: they seem to allow you to create an arbitary strum/pick pattern.

Cheers...

I have them all but Strategy, They are good and versatile and will do what you want.  They are as good as you will get at this price. 

As you already have the full version of Kontakt also look at Indiginus, these are close to the Acoustic Samples in capability for strumming but have more articulations for solo work.    https://www.indiginus.com/

Alternatively, but a lot more expensive are the Orange Tree guitars for Kontakt player which have a wider range of articulations and features. https://www.orangetreesamples.com/products

Edited by Vernon Barnes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a very low opinion of these.   In my opinion you are better off getting one or two great guitars than all four of these.  Telematic is so poor it's not worth even mentioning. 

I would strongly recommend buying from Indiginus or AmpleSound  or Orange Tree Samples. 

Indiginus stands out to me as offering real value.  The quality is awesome and the prices are very low.    OTS has a big sale every summer that is usually 60% off, and usually find them for sale for good prices on KVR all year round because of this.    AmpleSound is always pretty expensive, but deservedly so--they also have great acoustic guitar and bass freebies that you should check out HERE.  I think the AmpleSound freebie acoustic guitar beats all four of these.   

Sunbird was considered by many to be the best VI for fingerpicking, but in my opinion, it has been surpassed by other instruments. NI's Picked Acoustic is my favorite, an amazing virtual instrument and it includes a playable instrument as well as the picking and strumming.  I also like the ujam guitars.

I recently did a video on HALion on the fingerpicking guitars, which I think are the best on the market, but of course, you need to buy HALion. 😀    HALion is on sale and the info and my video are in this thread

• Thanks 1