Bodhran?

ZincT

Can anyone recommend a good (preferably free) Bodhran VSTi?

I have one in Halion Sonic and another in a "World Instruments" ST3 add-on but I don't seem to have anything in Kontakt (nothing in the factory library that I can find).

Thanks

I've used Frame Drums by Audio Thing -

https://www.audiothing.net/instruments/frame-drums/

- these are good.

I just picked up the RedRoom Audio Bluegrass fiddle.  They're doing a deal if you pick up that plus their Celtic fiddle you get their bodhrans and bones for free. I didn't take that route (I have an armoury of fiddles now, one more celtic job would be extravagent for me).

jdf

• 4 years later...
On 1/28/2019 at 4:43 AM, Tapsa Kuusniemi said:

Well Red Room Audio just released a set: https://redroomaudio.com/product/traveler-series-bodhrans-bones/

I have quite a few bodhran VI's and Red Room's is, by far, the best one in my opinion. There are separate controls for both hands so you can control where the striker hits as well as where the dampening/tuning occurs. Plus, there are quite a few drum sizes to choose from. Very well thought out and very flexible. I have lots of fun with this one.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 6:13 PM, ZincT said:

Can anyone recommend a good (preferably free) Bodhran VSTi?

I have one in Halion Sonic and another in a "World Instruments" ST3 add-on but I don't seem to have anything in Kontakt (nothing in the factory library that I can find).

Thanks

i heard they are a good brand

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 7/5/2023 at 10:50 PM, fret_man said:

I have quite a few bodhran VI's and Red Room's is, by far, the best one in my opinion. There are separate controls for both hands so you can control where the striker hits as well as where the dampening/tuning occurs. Plus, there are quite a few drum sizes to choose from. Very well thought out and very flexible. I have lots of fun with this one.

It's evident that Red Room put considerable effort into making this bodhran VI a versatile and enjoyable instrument to play.