OeAi

Hello.

Well with clips there's a trouble actually, because you can't see borders of clip - you cannot define proper start-end time / beats in clip for groove clip.

Simple example - you can add any sample loop to audio and then press twice on it - nothing happens. Because it's not supposed to be. But in fact if you RMB you can find View-> Loop Construction and it will be opened in a kind of console/piano-roll window, but pretty ugly, because you cant do anything with it. (Well, sorry but i got ableton LE and there is a much better sample editor.)

And the same way groove-clips should be edited - it's almost like the piano-roll view, but there is a need in borders and some easy to do buttons - quantitize, snap, move all, split, randomize, change tonality - change main chord-accordance - transpose, change speed (shrink), complicate - add notes (with arp), but the must-have is change amount of bars (beats in clip) and this amount must define overall of the "clip view", so the  rest of notes in clip wasnt removed after that, but if user needs they can fit the clip or being surprizingly quantitized with snap to left or right border - whatever user needs.
Talking in terms of piano roll at least i need to see borders of clip and set it up and sometimes it's not the same as "beats in clip".
beats in clip is needed for regroove, but the clip in fact can be with manual errors, so this value - is just a snap function and actually the snap can be for middle, right\left or for all wide - you know fitting the size - check your text-editor there is similar function. For 1 melody you can have many revisions - need to save original and add forks to handle those when propagating clip in track and  let user define their change sequence.

Now for such clips i need some fast access, like with synth-rack or media browser, but only for clips in my project, it's better to see the content of clip as in pino-roll (since it was rendered already). For example if i export clips in another project - it's better for me also to see those clips and then select where to put them in tracks, not just copy-paste with the rest of other source tracks. This can be used in left window where 2 bars of track mixer can be seen, when pressing "Clip" in the bottom those clips can be arranged.

Clip player should work for current selected instrument and i would render all midi clips with notes also in media browser, because when you see image you can recognize faster than by listening each clip, especially if you need some simple melody instead of long (for drum sessions for example instead of arp-midi), but don't forget about arpeggiator for instrument some clips can be used for it and this can have some behaviour.
If you ask user to use it for arp-session - we will have more advantages to work with.

Usually i need an accordance of midi-clips -> it would be nice to see some other clip to check that notes are in right place, maybe as hidden notes or as another clip-edit-window, so i can hear both and change too.

Why Composer not editor here? because we compose music, compose is the same word.
Note pattern is a melody - isn't it? i can't edit notes - i can compose a melody with notes and composition with melodies.

Edited by OeAi