Studio One Orchestra and Notion Add ons Half off

cclarry

If you have Studio One 4 Pro there are already a few decent violins. cellos etc in Presence XT. This might be ok for a small addition to a pop mix.

The library looks to be pretty good for a beginning classical music tool kit. The sale price looks pretty good for what it is. Would be light weight in terms of pulling down a cpu since the libraries look to be rompler sounds and not huge multi sampled libraries. There will be some limitation there if you want more expression or realism as compared to those libraries. Especially nice is the way it ties into SO4. The down side being it will ONLY work in SO4. If OTOH you buy a Kontakt Library it will play in anything.

If you fancy working out orchestra music compositions using SO4 and Notion, this would be a good way to go. You can always change the instruments later on. For any  users of Platinum there were tons of similar rompler sounds in Dimension Pro. Some of them quite good for similar things.

Due to the better way Notion 6 connects to SO4 , I have found myself composing in Cakewalk, porting to Notion for notation. For me, Cakewalk is easier to compose in. 

• Like 1

I have used Notion and Cakewalk for a long, long time and been very happy. I wish Cake bakers would have figured out a way to purchase Notion when it was sold off a while ago. To think that they might have been able to incorporate Notion into Cakewalk to replace the sad notation feature it has limped along with for all this time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

I have used Notion and Cakewalk for a long, long time and been very happy. I wish Cake bakers would have figured out a way to purchase Notion when it was sold off a while ago. To think that they might have been able to incorporate Notion into Cakewalk to replace the sad notation feature it has limped along with for all this time.

Presonus hasn't found a way to make Notion part of their DAW either.

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

I really thought they would of found a way to integrate basic Notion into Studio One by now.

I recall hearing that before the Gibson/Cakewalk shutdown, that the developer of Overture (Sonic Scores) https://sonicscores.com/ proposed to integrate a basic version of Overture into Sonar, but that it never got approved.

That is an opportunity lost...

You could open that sound up on the Presonus Library  with a little of the right reverb.

FYI- Although Notion isn't integral to Studio One you can "send to Notion" as a command and all the midi will be there in notation form. Something I wish Cakewalk had.That also goes in reverse and you can send notion files to tracks in SO4

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Starise said:

FYI- Although Notion isn't integral to Studio One you can "send to Notion" as a command and all the midi will be there in notation form. Something I wish Cakewalk had.That also goes in reverse and you can send notion files to tracks in SO4

This is what I sometimes do, and is a pretty handy feature. I’ve started creating really rough sketches in Studio One Artist (which came free with the cheap PreSonus USB interface I bought for my laptop), and then send the tracks to Notion 6, which has been my notation software of choice for quite a while. I expand and finish the arrangement in Notion, then print the finished score and perform it into CuBase, where I create the final recording.

Kind of a roundabout way to do it, but it’s pretty seamless. I find the “send to Notion” feature in Studio One is nice and works well. And Notion is great - easy to use and the built in sounds are trouble free  and work perfectly fine for composition purposes. 

Edited by Robert Caley
  • Like 1