Keyswitch interface in Cakewalk ?

lychee

Hello!

Is there an interface for Keyswitchs in Cakewalk to easily change the sounds of virtual instruments as in Kontakt?

I'm a piano roll composer (I don't have a keyboard and I don't know how to use it), and it will be very useful for me to have a way to change the Keyswitchs as in this video:

Edited by lychee

Thanks @Kaustub, but no, I do not need a virtual keyboard, as I said I compose by drawing notes in the piano roll, and yes, what I need is exactly an expression map (thank you, I didn't know how to name it) as in Cubase, and I am sad to know that it does not exist in Cakewalk.

Again something to suggest in the feedback loop section.

Edited by lychee

• 1 year later...
On 1/28/2019 at 7:55 PM, lychee said:

Hello!

Is there an interface for Keyswitchs in Cakewalk to easily change the sounds of virtual instruments as in Kontakt?

Yes there is.  Look for "Articulation Maps" in the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab (Version 2020.11 Build 088)

See:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=EditingMIDI.51.html

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 11:18 PM, Promidi said:

Yes there is.  Look for "Articulation Maps" in the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab (Version 2020.11 Build 088)

Thanks @Promidi but I know about it, and you will notice that my thread is almost 2 years old now. 😆

I am really happy that this feature has finally been implemented, thanks to the Bandlab team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1